What you guys think of my new build (i7)?

That's exactly what I do. I just sold my GTX 280 at ebay for $318, as I found little interest at a few forums. This time I was a little late with the sale. Had I listed it a couple weeks earlier, I probably would've received around $400. Yeah, you lose some money, but the loss is worth it to always run the best stuff. All my i7 hardware will be here Wednesday, and I haven't decided on my next GPU upgrade, but it will probably be awhile.

It`s the way to do it.

I don`t think we will see anything till the summer for the next thing in video cards. I read an article somwhere (http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/117/1050117/intel-puts-lucid-hydra-on-x58) that intel is going to be releasing a new chipset (my bad it is an updated x58 with lucid hydra) that gives almost 100% scaling with video cards. If thats the case I might buy a motherboard like this with that new chipset on it: http://forums.slizone.com/index.php?showtopic=30894
With 6 of the best single PCB video cards available. (maybe 6 4870x2`s watercooled)

Last edited:

DarkTears

banned
It`s a 46 1080p LCD by Samsung. Works really well for gaming.
IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

Very nice

thought you forgot about me for a sec hehe

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
(maybe 6 4870x2`s watercooled)

Well, there is no driver support for that type of configuration, and you'd have a severe CPU bottleneck. I'm not sure how you would adequately use that type of setup in gaming, but maybe video editing or something.

Well, there is no driver support for that type of configuration, and you'd have a severe CPU bottleneck. I'm not sure how you would adequately use that type of setup in gaming, but maybe video editing or something.

The technology isn`t out yet but by the end of 2009 it should be. With hydra it`s 90 to 100 percent scaling in game so your fps would go through the roof. The game does not need to support it as the chip decides what gpu does what rendering. It will be the next big thing and sli and crossfire will be extinct. Also in the other post Intel has a card coming out with 4 cores to a GPU. Each core I heard is based on the Atom and runs similar to the x86 architecture. Therefore it would be possible to have a 24 GPU system.

Last edited:

Iceyn1pples

Hmm....this was indeed a nice rig at that time.

Actually...it still trumps the majority of the rigs out there.

But i can see in ur sig that you have progressed nicely.

Keep it up!

Sdot

Hi thermal, i didn't know how to private message so i just decided to come here. I built my rig 2 years ago around the same time you did. Can't believe its been two years already. oh and how do you PM?

oh and is reviving 2 year old threads good or bad iceynipples?

Last edited:
Hi thermal, i didn't know how to private message so i just decided to come here. I built my rig 2 years ago around the same time you did. Can't believe its been two years already. oh and how do you PM?

oh and is reviving 2 year old threads good or bad iceynipples?

I actually bought the orignal setup in late november/early december 2008. 2 1/2 years and is still is a very potent computer. It's going to be upgrading time soon tho. I have already decided with myself that I am going to drop the big bucks on the socket 2011 Extreme edition processor w/e that comes out in December/January. I was close to pulling the trigger on the Asus X58 Black Edition motherboard but I held back and it's probably for the best.

Oh and you need 100 posts to be able to PM. Thats why you couldn't.

NDSUTopGun

NICE SETUP! Looks like a serious investment. I like your style. Check my computer stats in my signature...

And I like blue :)

NICE SETUP! Looks like a serious investment. I like your style. Check my computer stats in my signature...

And I like blue :)

Thanks man. You have quite a nice setup yourself. I have gone away from the blue in exchange for white in a Corsair 700D. I think it looks more "classy" compared to the other colors. Just my opinion though.