What you guys think of my new build (i7)?

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious why did you go with the Bloodrage?

For starters, I'm going with a red and black theme for my rig. The Blood Rage will look hella sick. :p

Also, it's a good overclocking board with a good BIOS. It has all the advanced features one would need to learn and use the new OC features that come with the i7. Soon I'll be installing a LCS, so I like the fact that it ships with a red, copper NB block.

pic of your monitor please?

It`s a 46 1080p LCD by Samsung. Works really well for gaming.
IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

For starters, I'm going with a red and black theme for my rig. The Blood Rage will look hella sick. :p

Also, it's a good overclocking board with a good BIOS. It has all the advanced features one would need to learn and use the new OC features that come with the i7. Soon I'll be installing a LCS, so I like the fact that it ships with a red, copper NB block.

Yea it is an awesome motherboard no arguing that. I was put off tho by the fact it only has 3 ddr3 slots. If you dont need more than 6gb, than it is a great choice. What ram did you order with your systems. The G.skill with it`s red heatsinks would look awesome on it.

Yup, that's what I got. I'm hoping Crucial releases a DDR3 Tracer series. I'm cool with the 3 RAM slots as I have no need to go further than 6GB atm.

Awesome man, please post some pics when you have it all together. It will be one mean looking rig when completed!

Twist86

Man look at the size of that cooler...looks like a persons head.

Very nice mod...more love for the Corsair ^-^ PSU of choice!

pies

That is an amazing rig you got there.
Since one or two other people brought it up, you should connect your ati cards with the crossfire bridges that came with them.

smoothjk

That's a crazy rig, man. You either have a very high-paying job, or you're irresponsibly swimming in credit card debt. ;) Either way, that thing is a monster. *jealous*

I am very lucky that in the situation I am in, I have little overhead. It allows me to make some larger purchases. I guess you could say I a disease, I need to always have the latest and greatest. (to an extent) My last computer was a q6600 with dual 3870x2`s (horrible for quadfire). I have probably owned atleast 25 computers (that I can remember anyway) since I`ve been into them. What I try to do is sell the hardware before it becomes too old, when noone wants anymore. I maybe take a 30% loss and but atleast I stay current. Think of it like this: My video card cost me 600 so I will sell it for 400. I look at it as if I paid 200 for renting it whatever amount of time I had it for. Whenever Ati comes out with the next card I will probably upgrade but I wont go to the GTX295 because it is too little too late.

Gooberman

Wow i just found the price of my computer :p with everything that's going with it (Tower Monitors Keyboard Mouse Speakers) it's going to be around $3,300 lol

just a noob

Wow i just found the price of my computer :p with everything that's going with it (Tower Monitors Keyboard Mouse Speakers) it's going to be around $3,300 lol

you think thats bad, i'm going to have 200 dollars and then some in fittings for watercooling :p

Nums

I has competition, o_O

You should have gotten a U2 case, their frickin awesome!

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I am very lucky that in the situation I am in, I have little overhead. It allows me to make some larger purchases. I guess you could say I a disease, I need to always have the latest and greatest. (to an extent) My last computer was a q6600 with dual 3870x2`s (horrible for quadfire). I have probably owned atleast 25 computers (that I can remember anyway) since I`ve been into them. What I try to do is sell the hardware before it becomes too old, when noone wants anymore. I maybe take a 30% loss and but atleast I stay current. Think of it like this: My video card cost me 600 so I will sell it for 400. I look at it as if I paid 200 for renting it whatever amount of time I had it for. Whenever Ati comes out with the next card I will probably upgrade but I wont go to the GTX295 because it is too little too late.

That's exactly what I do. I just sold my GTX 280 at ebay for $318, as I found little interest at a few forums. This time I was a little late with the sale. Had I listed it a couple weeks earlier, I probably would've received around $400. Yeah, you lose some money, but the loss is worth it to always run the best stuff. All my i7 hardware will be here Wednesday, and I haven't decided on my next GPU upgrade, but it will probably be awhile.