Whats your connection?

jbrown456

Well, i've been really wondering about my internet connection lately, and if im getting ripped off.

They say i should get 16mbps but i get like 10mbps. I called and complained, and they said i should get the full speed after they upgrade the lines in my neighbourhood. I live in a 6 month old house, in a subdivision that hasn't been here for more than 2 years. How can my line be that old that i loose 6 mbps?

I've been a little pissed about my data transfer limit too. I get 60gb/month up and down combined.. What do you guys get. Theres no such thing as unlimited around here that is less than 100 dollars a month, and compared to the other internet companies around here, im acutally doing not bad. I pay about 55 dollars a month. Some of them offer like 15gb up/down combined for about the same price..

I'm in ontario btw...

Last edited:

Verve

talking to the supervisor/manager is always a good idea. Just tell them that you're not getting what you pay for, and as long as they can't fix it they can give you a discount or you'll cancel the service...

Iluvpenguins

Well, i've been really wondering about my internet connection lately, and if im getting ripped off.

They say i should get 16mbps but i get like 10mbps. I called and complained, and they said i should get the full speed after they upgrade the lines in my neighbourhood. I live in a 6 month old house, in a subdivision that hasn't been here for more than 2 years. How can my line be that old that i loose 6 mbps?

I've been a little pissed about my data transfer limit too. I get 60gb/month up and down combined.. What do you guys get. Theres no such thing as unlimited around here that is less than 100 dollars a month, and compared to the other internet companies around here, im acutally doing not bad. I pay about 55 dollars a month. Some of them offer like 15gb up/down combined for about the same price..

I'm in ontario btw...

Who are you with? I have Rogers Extreme(8mbps down and 100GB monthly bandwidth allowed) and i'm paying $55+ tax, i'm in Ontario aswell.

amanda223

Tell ur ISP provider that you did not receive as you paid. Complain to them about their services and say i would terminate your services if you would not care.....

jbrown456

Who are you with? I have Rogers Extreme(8mbps down and 100GB monthly bandwidth allowed) and i'm paying $55+ tax, i'm in Ontario aswell.

Cogeco :mad: a sub-company of rogers.. I can't complain about the quality of the connection, just that it really sucks having suck small download limits. Up until about a year ago, the limit was 15GB for the same price.

El DJ

I get 11MBPS on my wireless in my room, and 100MBPS on my parent's computer. 10MBPS just sucks. Find something better, much better, if you can.

jbrown456

I get 11MBPS on my wireless in my room, and 100MBPS on my parent's computer. 10MBPS just sucks. Find something better, much better, if you can.

Thats your connection speed, not how fast your internet runs. 11MBPS is 802.11b Wireless, and 100MBPS is through an ethernet cable.

lol 100mbps for internet would be sick

i just ran a speed test its Friday night im getting 1.5mbps dl and .5mbps ul, i think my net is supposed to be 5mbps max, its 110US per month, no bandwidth limit (if there is one its something rather hight that im not aware of), bundled with COX communications digital cable with some premium channels and a home phone plan

brian

VIP Member
dang everyone is paying a lot! comcast gives us a 20 meg down and 1.5 meg up for about 50$ with no contract. and like 20$ with a 2 year contract

Burgerbob

DSL, I max about 1.5 megs down and about half that up, for like 30 bucks a month, unlimited up and down. It works for me, just about the fastest around here.

JLV2k5

I get 100 mbps with highspeed broadband and its pretty good. This computer I am on now could use a little more RAM though, it can be a little sluggish.

Kazoon

$30 a month http://www.speedtest.net/result/221649121.png Cable in my little town sucks, it is only 768k download speed and they want like $60 a month??? I got 6mb dsl for $30 but I lose about 1mb for overhead (Line distance) but I always got a reliable 5mb download speed no matter what...best I can get in this hick town.

Last edited:

funkysnair

VIP Member
£10 a month i get 7.6meg d/load and 0.5meg u/load....

i only use just over 40gig a month and ive had no complaints from isp, think ive kinda calmed down on my downloads now--

it is supposed to be 8meg unlimited but recieving 7.6meg (not bad)

Kesava

well i live in a place with shared internet.

sucks so bad. we can only get wireless broadband.

so we pay $135/month

for 1.5 megabit with 20 gb downloads

now thats bad for the price...