What's your CPU history?

MIK3daG33K

Yep :) OC your E4500 to 3.2GHz and you'd be in track again :p

I did and I can say that I love the performance for the price. $60 CPU. Also I really didn't have to run a ton of volts through it either. I'm going to try for 3.4 GHZ in a little while.

My list is as follows

Intel 486 DX
Pentium 3
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ
Pentium 4 (Preshot) @ 3.6 GHZ
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ @ 2.4 GHZ
AMD Opteron 160 @ 2.7 GHZ
Intel Core 2 Duo e4500 @ 3.2 GHZ

3uL

I did and I can say that I love the performance for the price. $60 CPU. Also I really didn't have to run a ton of volts through it either. I'm going to try for 3.4 GHZ in a little while.

My list is as follows

Intel 486 DX
Pentium 3
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ
Pentium 4 (Preshot) @ 3.6 GHZ
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ @ 2.4 GHZ
AMD Opteron 160 @ 2.7 GHZ
Intel Core 2 Duo e4500 @ 3.2 GHZ

Opteron?? are you using server??

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Any faster than standard AMD desktop cpu?
No, just of exceptionally high quality (cherry-picked) and easy to OC - they don't need all that much voltage to reach 3GHz (3GHz Athlon (X2) 939 CPUs are known to run hot because they're made on 90nm process).

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Hmmmm really? Mine never ran hot.
I was talking about high-clocked / OCed CPUs - at 3GHz, a regular Athlon would have heat output high enough to justify constructing a geothermal power plant. An opteron could run much cooler because they were (well, are) cherry-picked high-quality chips and need much less voltage to achieve those speeds.

MIK3daG33K

I was talking about high-clocked / OCed CPUs - at 3GHz, a regular Athlon would have heat output high enough to justify constructing a geothermal power plant. An opteron could run much cooler because they were (well, are) cherry-picked high-quality chips and need much less voltage to achieve those speeds.

Well ya, you pump enough voltage through anything and its going to get hot. As far as saying they "ran hot" I wouldn't agree with. You are right you had to pump more volts threw it to get the same speed though, hence the reason you said they were "hot". Prescotts now those ran HOT. I remember I had a OC'd prescott and it got up to 80 degrees C, and the best part was it didn't even thermal throttle. It was like a little heater in my room.

Irishwhistle

My Athlon 64 X2 5000+ can OC to 3GHz on stock cooling with very good temps. :)

Itanda

Intel Pentium 2 - 200mhz??
Intel Pentium 2 400mhz?
Intel Pentium 3 - 700mhz
Intel Pentium 3 - 933mhz
Intel pentium 4 - 2.4 ghz
AMD 4600+ x2 - 2.4ghz
AMD 5400+ x2- 3.1 OC.

Allmine

Celeron 600mhz
celeron 2.5Ghz
Sempron 2ghz (939)