Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Windows 3.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows ME (LOL)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

cohen

I thought there was already one of these.... but this is an updated one,

I voted Vista Home Premium, i want to vote for mac as well :p, but i like vista :)

royalg

out of windows id prob say xp but i quite like the linux distrubitions
ubuntu ive found quite stable but open suse has some quite nice desktop effects
vista is awful in my opinion

joe84

Yap, for me Vista is no good, i ever read that Vista is one of Microsoft failed project...

is it true ?

and, i choose Windows XP Professional, coz i still use it after i throw away Vista ( buy the pirates one )

cohen

Yap, for me Vista is no good, i ever read that Vista is one of Microsoft failed project...

is it true ?

and, i choose Windows XP Professional, coz i still use it after i throw away Vista ( buy the pirates one )

Vista was a failure when they had the first version, but since Service Pack 1 is out, it has been a lot better! and i mean a lot! i haven't had any problems and i have seen or heard of anyone reporting faults or problems.

mac550

vista home premium get my vote.

Vista was a failure when they had the first version, but since Service Pack 1 is out, it has been a lot better! and i mean a lot! i haven't had any problems and i have seen or heard of anyone reporting faults or problems.

well there is one bug i found last night but it a very small programming error nothing that will effect your use of vista but if you open the on screen keyboard and set it to 108 keys the cap lock button, it turns to Chinese :confused:
when vista first came out i hated it (i think most people did) but since i bought it and got used to using it, i really like it. i'd never go back to XP.

atentora

Windows_1_0_loading%5B5%5D.png

Win

And I love Linux, but practicality wise I would have to go with Vista.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
XP also wins thanks to the DX10 crack that works PERFECTLY. Only reason for vista to me was the DX10 for gaming but no more :D

that patch does not work,it does to a certian extent but its not fully DX10.

thats the reason im sticking with Vista for now or i would have gone back to Xp

Twist86

that patch does not work,it does to a certian extent but its not fully DX10.

thats the reason im sticking with Vista for now or i would have gone back to Xp

If they fixed the annoying small things on vista like a "disable UAC" feature I would agree....still I can run DX10.exe games on XP and I can't tell a difference between it and on Vista so it works well enough for me.

cohen

well there is one bug i found last night but it a very small programming error nothing that will effect your use of vista but if you open the on screen keyboard and set it to 108 keys the cap lock button, it turns to Chinese :confused:
when vista first came out i hated it (i think most people did) but since i bought it and got used to using it, i really like it. i'd never go back to XP.

I'm the same, never going back to XP.

But that is 1 small error, nothing major :p

Twist86

there is a disable UAC checkbox

Yeah but it doesn't work for me. It doesn't disable the full UAC.

I kept getting errors with PG2/PC Alert/G11 Macro.

I had to disable it via F8 each time...and the properties/uac was disabled.

Kewl Munky

The incredibly awesome one that actually works. Sadly you didn't list it... Oh wait, that's because it hasn't been invented yet.

Since you have Mac up there put linux :D

3uL

Yeah but it doesn't work for me. It doesn't disable the full UAC.

I kept getting errors with PG2/PC Alert/G11 Macro.

I had to disable it via F8 each time...and the properties/uac was disabled.

You got your own problem there. I have no prob about that. It run flawlessly. I love it.

BTW, Directx10 can only works natively under vista and windows 7. To see the different, try s.t.a.l.k.e.r clear sky and apply latest patch. You can see a lot differ between directx9 n 10.

Mez

Hmm... I love Vista Ultimate, and all the XP's except for Windows XP 64-bit, it sucks bad.

G25r8cer

Vista Home Premium for me. It came loaded on my HP and I have been using and Loving it ever since. I reformatted once in the past year so I guess my pc skills are keeping it running alright.

Aastii

VIP Member
other than the fact that vista is a RAM whore if you have atleast 4GB there is no problem at all and you get the best windows, infact the best OS, ever made. It is alot easier to use than any other, except for the fiddly tasks like changing boot pictures and stuff, but most people don't do that, so it isn't a problem at all, so easy and so good looking

G25r8cer

other than the fact that vista is a RAM whore if you have atleast 4GB there is no problem at all and you get the best windows, infact the best OS, ever made. It is alot easier to use than any other, except for the fiddly tasks like changing boot pictures and stuff, but most people don't do that, so it isn't a problem at all, so easy and so good looking

Not too bad of a Ram hog for me. With some reg tweaks and disabling services and startup items my pc idles at just under 600mb. Alot more than xp of course but, Vista has newer and higher technology that requires more Ram. I think we have all been over this WAY Too many times.

veilx

i would say windows seven... but its not up there (meh- its still a beta) i just voted on windows XP pro- as this was my previous O.S.

My first post here!!! (party inside my head**)