Whats your record low?

Geoff

VIP Member
Whats the lowest temp that your CPU and/or video card have been at?
Heres a screenshot of mine:

cold.jpg

Mr.Suave

once when it was cold night, and just turned on my comp , my cpu was at 24C and video card was at 45C

Yasu

I don't have any pics but my CPU record low was 31°C and I have no idea what my GPU low is because my 9800 pro doesn't give any temp readings with ATI Tool. My other computer's CPU low was 28ºC.

sniperchang

Hey Omega, I have the same CPU :) But I only have stock Cooling, and I didn't over clocked yet. Low Temps are around 30C and Video around 45C :cool:

Geoff

VIP Member
I have stock cpu heatsink as well. before i modified my cooling system, my cpu was around 20-25C idle all on stock.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
right now, mine idles at like 30..but that's cause my thermal paste is a bit messed up and i'll be putting some arctic silver 5 on it soon. My vid card idles around 45C w/ a bit of OC.

Motoxrdude

no, not cold at all, just room temp. I am not sure what the room temp was considering i am not good with Celsius, about 48F, 8C. So yea, it was pretty cold:p I can probably get it down that low again, ill post a SS when i am free.

Altanore

Hmmm.. whats temp2 mean? Always thought that was my CPU since it ran the hottest during load. Record low for my CPU was 23C with the stock heatsink(That was based off temp 2). That was during winter and the house heating was not on.. so room temperature helped that one.

Right now my temps are:
Temp1: 34C
Temp2: 35C
Temp3: 21C
Temp1: 22C

Guess temp 1 is the CPU and temp 2 is the chipset.. well thats nice to know.. cpu is running cooler :p No clue what temp3 is or the bottom temp1 is.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
My old Abit registered 25*C once in the new case. My new Compaq registeres 25*C in the bios, but 35*C in windows... I guess something's wrong with Speedfan...

My laptop's a toasty 37*C for the processor and 46*C for the HDD :( That is average after running for an hour or so... Of course it's much cooler to begin with.

4W4K3

VIP Member
On my old XP-M, underclocked on air I think my record was 18C. Using 50CFM+ fan of course :D no pics, don't own anymore, so it don't really matter...

4W4K3

VIP Member
You'd have to have a water chiller or something equal to get ambient water temps or lower. Simply cycling water like a pump does cools it off somewhat, but with the amount of heat your CPU produces (assuming that's the only heat source in your cycle) it's not going to cool it off that drastically unless your line is REALLY long. Sempron's aren't that cool, and most water cooling radiator's at best are dual 80mm air cooled with copper tubing...i don't think you're going to get below ambient running just that.

Geoff

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
You'd have to have a water chiller or something equal to get ambient water temps or lower. Simply cycling water like a pump does cools it off somewhat, but with the amount of heat your CPU produces (assuming that's the only heat source in your cycle) it's not going to cool it off that drastically unless your line is REALLY long. Sempron's aren't that cool, and most water cooling radiator's at best are dual 80mm air cooled with copper tubing...i don't think you're going to get below ambient running just that.
well if you look at that thread, hes saying that he has a cpu temp of 2C and hes running a watercooling kit that does not have a cooler.

4W4K3

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-] said:
well if you look at that thread, hes saying that he has a cpu temp of 2C and hes running a watercooling kit that does not have a cooler.

...crushed up saurkreut(sp)? That is all BS, that stuff would clog your pump for sure. Not to mention corrosion, what kind of block does this kid have copper or aluminum? I can guarantee you even with a 3/4" tube it's not going to flow at all. And pepsi is the same story, corrosion to the max, would eventually eat away w/e metal his HS's are made of.

I'd be interested to know what kind of radiator i as good as a refrigerator...

EDIT: Note the name of the picture he hosted "http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4204/fakewatercooling0ri.jpg" Oh the irony...

Geoff

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
EDIT: Note the name of the picture he hosted "http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4204/fakewatercooling0ri.jpg" Oh the irony...
that explains it all :p

Last edited: