When playing wow for 12 hours straight on full settings graphics card crashed..

Geoff

VIP Member
It's your computer telling you that you've been playing WoW for too long, and you need a break.

Platinum

What's the error code on the BSOD? Should look somethin like 0x0000000(0x0000000,0x0000000.......) what's the first set inside the parenthesis? That will give us some insight as to what is causing the problem, a little research on google and should be able to determine the problem.

liquidshadow

I don't understand people saying that its a random IRQ mismatch. Did you add any new USB devices or anything? It might be overheating. There are a lot of factors that could be at fault here, but my first guess is overheating. Check your GPU temps at full load and check if you crash it if you load it for an extended amount of time.

TheOrteganator

We get it. You don't like WoW. This is not the place for these comments D:

This is true that I have a strong dislike for World of Warcraft, but my main point is that it just simply isn't healthy to be playing any game for 12 hours.

Then again, maybe I'm just bitter that I never have 12 hours of free time... :D

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I don't understand people saying that its a random IRQ mismatch.

Sorry, I started that. I have randomly gotten *IRQ not less or equal to* Stop errors. Google doesn't say they're particularly dangerous, but it does say it's encountered quite abit. I made up the IRQ mismatch term because at the time I couldn't remember the correct error code, lol.

jutnm

it could be a reason, but u wont really know. too many possibilities, mayb overheating ?

Burgerbob

Even i only play HL2DM for about an hour before i have to stop. And there are too many variables to say what caused the restart, you ran the comp at full load for 12 friggin hours. Not that WoW is graphically amazing, just that it is a lot for the comp to do for 12 hours straight.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
But if his Pc can only go 12 hours on load without crashes that's not great. Folding@home for days on end, 24hr Orthos stress tests, these things are performed all the time. and they're both much more stressful than a measly 12hrs playing Wow.

I think it's either a fluke or he has a pretty unstable PC.

Gogey

Doing 12 hours of anything straight isnt healthy, except maybe for sleeping, iunno. WoW isnt worse than most things. FINGAR MUSSLZ?

liquidshadow

Alright, he wants advice, not lectures...

And for people that say that 12 hour load would be too much work for a computer, I run my computer 24/7 100% load on Folding and etc.

Let us know of any updates.

That thing is about like my DG965WH system, and I know it the motherboard on mine that's causing it. I am not talking about the one in my sig, no, this one is rock-solid. Anyway, my old system's motherboard is retarded or something, I have tried three different HDD's in the thing and still couldn't run it for over 24hr's without it shutting off, wasn't a power setting and the cooling was good. :rolleyes: I would check cooling, use S.M.A.R.T. on the HDD, make sure you don't have any software flaws, run CCleaner to clean and check for issues, if that helps then it helps. If that doesn't help, beat the crap out of that mobo, j/k.