When will they come out with 8.1 surround sound?

ADE

banned
I think they will place those speakers in your ass.:p
Ow. You really think the sub-woofer would fit up there, it's already cramped as it is, I mean I don't know...maybe you ass is better than mine for that....I mean if you ever wanted to take it out it'd be covered in brown stuff, maybe even green, i don't know if the sub-woofer went of during school you would have simulated one big fart if you ask me.... Plus my crack really isn't that big, it's not like Its not like I'll have a buttoc eclipse or something.... Try your ass first, then tell me how it feels...

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
Ow. You really think the sub-woofer would fit up there, it's already cramped as it is, I mean I don't know...maybe you ass is better than mine for that....I mean if you ever wanted to take it out it'd be covered in brown stuff, maybe even green, i don't know if the sub-woofer went of during school you would have simulated one big fart if you ask me.... Plus my crack really isn't that big, it's not like Its not like I'll have a buttoc eclipse or something.... Try your ass first, then tell me how it feels...
Wow...just one big wow. That's insane. You're insane. Aiiii....:eek:

chrisalviola

there are really speakers placed on our ass, i have seen this car on tv its speakers are in the drivers ass.
on the seats anyways

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
Hmm. Came home last night to find my dad installed surround sound 7.1 speakers in our living room. 2 tower speakers right up front, 4 in the ceiling in all 4 corners of the room, and one subwoofer on top of the entertainment center.

Sounds pretty good. I'm gonna watch Star Wars on it later :) Had no idea he wanted to do this.

gmen5681

banned
I was just reading an article a few days ago about where surround sound is going to be headed to. They were saying in the year 2025 they want to make 22.2, so 22 speakers and 2 subwoofers. There will be 10 speakers sitting at ear level in a surround sound arrangment, 5 speakers at knee level in surround sound format, and then 7 speakers above your head also in surround sound. Then 2 subwoofers placed in the room.
The deal with surround sound now is I'd say 95% of the content out there is 5.1, then maybe 5.9999% in 6.1 and I dont know of anything in 7.1, but I left some room for error. The reason for that is space to store the data. There just isnt enough space on a 4.7 GB dvd to hold content over 6.1 and a high quality movie at the same time.
Now that we see things going to HD, the disks are being able to hold larger data files. HD DVD is 15GB and Blu Ray DVD holds 25GB. They are trying to create quad layer disks as well. So HD DVD would then hold 60GB and Blu Ray holding an amazing 100GB. The reason they are upping it is not for sound quality, it's for HD content.
A HD signal at 1366X768 takes 1.485 GB/second. So if you have a 2 hour movie it HD that needs you need 10.692GB of space for that. Now that the Blu Ray and HD dvds are out, they are going to 1920X1080. That uses double the space, so 2.97GB/second. Therfore for a 2 hour blu ray the disk needs at least 21.384GB of space. (Side note, HD DVDs are not 1080P or 1920X1080. they are the standard 1366X768, as soon as they have the quad layers coming out they will be doing an upgrade to 1080p rather than 720p)
So just the shire data it takes for HD content is what is holding back sound. Another little side note is at the year 2025 when sound goes to 22.2 surround sound they are also going to be upping the resolution for HD content. It is supposed to go to 7680X4320, and each second will take 24GB/second....PER SECOND thats amazing.

edit: here is the link to the sound and vision article if you are interested.
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/features/1719/beyond-hdtv.html
Edit: fixed grammar and spelling....happy?

Last edited:

ADE

banned
i was just reading an article a few days ago about where surround sound is going to head to. they were saying in the year 2025 they want to make 22.2 so 22 speakers and 2 subwoofers. there will be 10 speakers sitting at ear level in a surround sound arrangment, 5 speakers at knee level in surround sound format, and then 7 speakers above your head also in surround sound. then 2 subwoofers palced in the room. the deal with surround sound now. is id say 95% of the content out there is 5.1, then maybe 5.9999% in 6.1 and i dont know of anything in 7.1, but i left some room for error. and the reason for that is space to store the data. there just isnt enough space on a 4.7 GB dvd to hold content over 6.1 and a high quality movie at the same time. now that we see things going to HD. the disks are being able to hold larger data files. HD DVD is 15GB and Blu Ray DVD holds 25GB. They are trying to creat quad layer disks as well. so HD DVD would then hold 60GB and Blu Ray holding an amazing 100GB. but the reason they are uping it is not for sound. its for HD content. A HD signal at 1366X768 takes 1.485 GB/second. so if you have a 2 hour movie it HD that needs you need 10.692GB of space. for that. but now that that the Blu Ray and HD dvds are out. they are going to 1920X1080. that uses double the space, so 2.97GB/second. so for a 2 hour blu ray the disk needs at least 21.384GB of space. (Side note, HD DVDs are not 1080P or 1920X1080. they are the standard 1366X768, as soon as they have the quad layers coming out they will be doing an upgrade to 1080p rather than 720p) so just the shire data it takes for HD content is what is holding back sound. another little side note is at the year 2025 when sound goes to 22.2 surround sound. they are also going to be upping the resolution for HD content. it is supposed to go to 7680X4320. and each second will take 24GB/second....PER SECOND thats amazing.

yes but then we would need new DVD-RW drives to wright on these. An they would cost, what, a bagillion $??? "Step right up! Step Right up! Here I behold to you is the best deal to come since the USA was a free country! come one, come all to buy 1 quad layer DVD-R for only $40! yes, I said it only $40! Crazy you say? no, I'm just an ordinary person giving unordinary deals on extraordinary stuff."

Geoff

VIP Member
yes but then we would need new DVD-RW drives to wright on these. An they would cost, what, a bagillion $??? "Step right up! Step Right up! Here I behold to you is the best deal to come since the USA was a free country! come one, come all to buy 1 quad layer DVD-R for only $40! yes, I said it only $40! Crazy you say? no, I'm just an ordinary person giving unordinary deals on extraordinary stuff."
:confused:

DVD+/-RW drives are selling for around $30, unless your referring to blu-ray and HD DVD burners (which arent called DVD+/-RW). Those right now are a few thousand a piece if you can find one, but in a year or two they will be down to a couple hundred or less.

pyvnetrvne.

banned
i was just reading an article a few days ago about where surround sound is going to head to. they were saying in the year 2025 they want to make 22.2 so 22 speakers and 2 subwoofers. there will be 10 speakers sitting at ear level in a surround sound arrangment, 5 speakers at knee level in surround sound format, and then 7 speakers above your head also in surround sound. then 2 subwoofers palced in the room. the deal with surround sound now. is id say 95% of the content out there is 5.1, then maybe 5.9999% in 6.1 and i dont know of anything in 7.1, but i left some room for error. and the reason for that is space to store the data. there just isnt enough space on a 4.7 GB dvd to hold content over 6.1 and a high quality movie at the same time. now that we see things going to HD. the disks are being able to hold larger data files. HD DVD is 15GB and Blu Ray DVD holds 25GB. They are trying to creat quad layer disks as well. so HD DVD would then hold 60GB and Blu Ray holding an amazing 100GB. but the reason they are uping it is not for sound. its for HD content. A HD signal at 1366X768 takes 1.485 GB/second. so if you have a 2 hour movie it HD that needs you need 10.692GB of space. for that. but now that that the Blu Ray and HD dvds are out. they are going to 1920X1080. that uses double the space, so 2.97GB/second. so for a 2 hour blu ray the disk needs at least 21.384GB of space. (Side note, HD DVDs are not 1080P or 1920X1080. they are the standard 1366X768, as soon as they have the quad layers coming out they will be doing an upgrade to 1080p rather than 720p) so just the shire data it takes for HD content is what is holding back sound. another little side note is at the year 2025 when sound goes to 22.2 surround sound. they are also going to be upping the resolution for HD content. it is supposed to go to 7680X4320. and each second will take 24GB/second....PER SECOND thats amazing.

You know, there's usually 5 sentances for a paragraph, not 50.

gmen5681

banned

It is a new technology. Anytime a new technology comes out its expensive. Blank DVDs were in the 20 dollar range when they first came out. i dont see what the big deal is. Plus the fact that it holds 7 times the amount of data is amazing. So thats kinda like buying 7 blank dvds at 5 dollars a piece. Thats a lot cheaper than the 20 dollars when it was a new technology for DVDs.

ADE

banned
But even dual layer are very expensive! and what kind of DVD player can use that kind of disk?????? not all DVD player can dual layer (most can) so how is quad layer going to help?????????? and plus who really needs a dual layer disk except to burn illegally make DVDs! I don't do that, I can't. literally! And plus I plan to be a big movie maker myself so I don't want to be hypercritical. But really! who needs 8.4 GB of disk other than that? Be honest here. I'm not promoting illegal stuff, just saying that why would people need them for any other reason than that a single layer wont hold the movie? I bet people on EBay do that. That's the main people. I saw one guy who's name was something like techforless and he had -70 feed back! yes, -70! why? illegal DVDs. obviously HE only buys dual layer for that perpus. Doing that is illegal and wrong, and the only reason people do that is because it is brought to us as an option of keeping up with the time.