Which Anti-Virus do you use?

Which Anti-Virus program do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Vader

I use a program that my company uses called VET. You can find it at www.vet.com.au

I find it is very reliable and efficent, as it picks up viruses gained through internet surfing and deletes them as soon as they try to install them onto your pc.

If it can't delete them, it shows you where to go in your files and delete them.

I use another product from them called pestcontrol which hunts down all those nasty registry keys which install on your computer from net surfing and doggy software.

How ever pestcontrol has a bit more work to catch alot of the older popups and webscreen hijakers.

Regards
Lord Vader

Lax

VIP Member
Can't vote here because there's no "None" option. :)
Ditto

Your just asking to be attacked by hackers now. I take it you run a beefy firewall or something???
If you understand how viruses can get on your machine then there's no need for an AV.

Geoff

VIP Member
i used to use Norton 2005, but i installed it too many time, so i use nothing now, and no problems so far. (i still use spyware protection)

tweaker

VIP Member
Elite said:
Which Anti-Virus program do you use?

I don't need one, waste of precious memory.

dragon2309 said:
Your just asking to be attacked by hackers now. I take it you run a beefy firewall or something???

eh

Lord AnthraX said:
If you understand how viruses can get on your machine then there's no need for an AV.

correctamundo :)

Last edited:

lee101

VIP Member
I've got Norton 2000 corporate edition or sumthingg like that, it is absolutely terrible, the live update never installs the updates and it seems like it doesn;t even protect against viruses, oh well i guess i can't complain, it only cost me £3.50 from school :)

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I use a freeware anti-virus that's rated better than most of the retail versions out there. Anti-Vir, it's actually a corporate-level AV, but free for home use.

It's also nice to see that no one uses crappy, crappy McAfee :).

LlamaTronics

Personally, I am a huge AVG fan!! I think of Norton like a virus... Once you get it on your machine, its hard to remove!!! Even AVG can't get rid of it! lol

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
AVG, cuz I'm too cheap to spend money on an AV program, otherwise I'd buy Nod32 (my favorite chioce)... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.