Which Anti-Virus do you use?

Which Anti-Virus program do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
What about this scenario: your antivirus is eating up memory and CPU while a newly written virus arrives on your computer. What will the antivirus do? Nothing... :p

s_m_w_d

I have Norton anti virus but its just there to look petty i use McAfee firewall and i NEVER get a virus!

acerman

im using nortan which i find very good. i used to have pc-cillen which was very good aswell i would recomend either. mcAfee is crap!

Filip

Recently I swaped to Panda 2005 Internet Security, I was using Kaspersky and tought it was good but Panda ROCKS.

flame1117

banned
I used to use Notren, but then i only had around half a meg of free hard drive space sp I very recently uninstalled it, which i was afriad to do sinceit was i was being attacked so many times, but im fine now.

PLus i'm getting a new HD so if everthing get messed up then i just have to make it untilli buy the new one.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Lord Anthrax said:
If you understand how viruses can get on your machine then there's no need for an AV.
I disagree, a virus can come from anywhere, it could be that your IP is chosen at complete random, just because you avoid most or even ALL dodgy sites doesnt mean that you will not encounter a virus of some variety, allbeit a relatively trivial worm.

erdontno

Lord AnthraX said:
Ditto

If you understand how viruses can get on your machine then there's no need for an AV.

he has a good point.....the only reason i use one.....SIBLINGS, my god their the worst hackers EVER, they sit behind you computer with acess to anything in the world, i fear nobody attacking my computer except my little sister

spacedude89

lol. i for about 7 months i didnt have an antivirus program, and no viruses either, the only thing i ALWAYS have is my Sygate personal firewall, i finaly got a virus though, so i decided what the heck and got norton.

The Hanged Man

lol @ sister remark... I agree before I moved out my computer had a near death expeirence every week thanks to virus (she'd DL everything of Kazzar ect).

I use Norton it does the job.

I'm not saying I'm an expert here - but can't viruses occur with the corruption of data, on the hard disk for example? You wouldn't even need the Inet or a bad disk, if you files get messed up then who knows what will happen.

Lax

VIP Member
I'm not saying I'm an expert here - but can't viruses occur with the corruption of data, on the hard disk for example? You wouldn't even need the Inet or a bad disk, if you files get messed up then who knows what will happen.

No.

muppetman2000

you are being forgetfull

i used norton and my system was slow and overprotected so i put f-secure 2005 and ive had no problemes atall

Status
Not open for further replies.