Which browser do you recommend? Firefox or Chrome

kat

Hi,
I have been using IE for 4years so far and am really getting tired of crushing all the time. My pc actually died on me a couple month ago from infecting all sorts of stuff,virus,thread,malware etc...you name it.

anyways,i bought a new pc using IE for now.I am being so secure with but IE crushes.

so now i wanna start using another browser to be safer. I 've serched and think go for either firefox or google chrome.i just don't know which one to go for.
i need your opinion!!!which is safer?more problem free?easier?
do they have a feture that stores login info like safari? i go on paid survey sites so that would be convenient for me.

my pc has 2GB RAM,250GB harddtive with Atom Z570. not much memory with a single processor so hopefully it won't take too much space.

I appreciate for your suggestions & opinions:):):)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I did a project about Chrome a while ago. It's a nice browser, but at the time still has some bugs to work out. Plus, if you want plug-ins, I don't Chrome supports any...

wildbill

Chrome does have a few issues to work out, so go with Firefox. They got a lot of cool add-ons also.

kat

ok,i downloaded and so far i like it!!
but here is a question.
What does RESEARCH mean under the ACTION column regarding PlugIns?(after plugin check)
it means i need to get those plugins?

CrayonMuncher

i like chrome as the browser interface is quite clean and easy to use but i found after version 2 it became slow i switched back to good old firefox

Stoic Sentinel

Just download both. I use Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. The files aren't big. It can't hurt, right?

I have three pinned to my taskbar as we speak :D Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer. I use FF as my main browser, Chrome if Firefox screws up, and IE for troubleshooting purposes if both of the others fail.

PohTayToez

Chrome is a bit buggy and doesn't have the features that Firefox does, but the major benefit is that it's super light on system resources. It's a great browser for netbooks or older computers. However, if you're using an up to date computer, Firefox cannot be beat with it's seemingly endless abundance of add-ons for nearly anything you can think of.

Fatback

VIP Member
Really neither browser is better then the other. Each as it's pros and cons and it just depends on you're preference. Personally I like chrome because of the clean look and the speed. Firefox has tons of add-ons but isn't quite as fast. I haven't download one add-on for Firefox that has been useful to me so it's kind of pointless for me to use it when Chrome is just a little faster. That's just me, but a lot of people find the add-ons useful.

Just download both use them both for one day then decide which one you like.

Last edited:

kat

so far i have no problem with firefox.but i still don't have enough add-ons so after i have done with them it will be nicer and more useful for sure.it is a bit faster that IE i think.

i wasn't too sure if i have enough space to do that but it doesn't seem take much space so maybe it is good idea to download a couple more to compare.

the greatest about Chrome is the speed then?

Stoic Sentinel

so far i have no problem with firefox.but i still don't have enough add-ons so after i have done with them it will be nicer and more useful for sure.it is a bit faster that IE i think.

i wasn't too sure if i have enough space to do that but it doesn't seem take much space so maybe it is good idea to download a couple more to compare.

the greatest about Chrome is the speed then?

And it's pretty lightweight as well (it doesn't take up too much space and system resources)

cmartin0

Opera works the way a modern web browser should out of the box. firefox is good if you can deal with its stupid design and having to research what 100 plugins you need to make it work like opera, which you can't as of now.

99677263.jpg

Last edited:

Concordedly

Agreeable. I have never used one browser exclusively since I've been computing back on IE5 and Netscape. I've always switched around from IE to Netscape to AOL to Firefox to Safari to Firefox to Chrome.

BUT

Then I met Opera.

Haven't used anything since for 7 months. The only problem is some sites requiring IE or Firefox like government sites. But who goes to those!?!?

Opera FTW!

Opera works the way a modern web browser should out of the box. firefox is good if you can deal with its stupid design and having to research what 100 plugins you need to make it work like opera, which you can't as of now.

99677263.jpg

khamarutheen

which browser is best

if you are an advanced user of your computer then go for opera... It goes good job if you are an expert. :eek:

If you watch most of the entertainment sites and fed up with add's other other plugins go for firefox. it has many add-ons to block it. :p

space wise firefox does better job too. But dont gofor safari browser. it eats your cpu memory.:good:

IE is no more in this competition. :(:(