Which browser do you recommend? Firefox or Chrome

Analizer

There are 4 competitors.. Google Chrome, Opera Browser, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.

Google Chrome is a web browser developed by Google that uses the WebKit layout engine and application framework. Google Chrome (to me) is just Google with few extra mb on your HDD - beta version of Google.. just Google ;)

Mozilla Firefox uses the Gecko layout engine, which implements most current web standards in addition to several features which are intended to anticipate likely additions to the standards. For me, it is the best, most simple web browser from which I will personally never change. Forget about IE, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera.. it is all about FF now! :D

Opera Browser - Opera is a Web browser and Internet suite developed by the Opera Software company. The browser handles common Internet-related tasks such as displaying web sites, sending and receiving e-mail messages, managing contacts, chatting on IRC clients, downloading files via BitTorrent, and reading Web feeds. It is good, professional but complicated. Need some time to get to know things that are in it.

Safari is a web browser developed by Apple Inc. First released as a public beta on 7 January 2003 on the company's Mac OS X operating system, it became Apple's default browser beginning with Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther". Never used and never will use it probably :)

RECOMMENDATION: Use Firefox 3.5, it is the fastest and simplest web browser you could ever discover! :p

Fatback

VIP Member
Actually FF is not the fastest and simplest chrome is. Also to what you said about Chrome is just Google ummm DUH! that was the whole point of chrome. It's the lightest most simple, and fast OS out which is what is was devolved for.

Open FF and chrome at the same time chrome will open first. Go to computer forum on both FF and chrome at the same time and Chrome will get there first.

Also FF has went down hill this year and is getting worse and worse with every update. Not sure why you didn't mention IE because it is still the most used web browser in the world.

Analizer

I didn't mention IE, because author of this topic wants to change from IE to something else.

And what I said about Opera, Google Chrome and FF was just my very own opinion. Someone else might think the same, others something completely different or they won't have nothing to say, because everything looks and feels the same for them. It was promoting a recommendation for a user to change from a one web browser to second one. Also, when I said "It's just Google" i meant like you were using for e.g. FF and going on www.google.com

Last edited:

Fatback

VIP Member
I didn't mention IE, because author of this topic wants to change from IE to something else.

And what I said about Opera, Google Chrome and FF was just my very own opinion. Someone else might think the same, others something completely different or they won't have nothing to say, because everything looks and feels the same for them. It was promoting a recommendation for a user to change from a one web browser to second one. Also, when I said "It's just Google" i meant like you were using for e.g. FF and going on www.google.com

Well chrome being faster, lighter then FF is not an opinion it's pretty much a fact. Also I don't get how using chrome and going to Google.com is the same thing. If it was then wouldn't using FF and going to Google.com mean you was using chrome?

raiderfan

While we're discussing Firefox....

"The next version of Firefox, version 3.6, was slated for a 2009 release, but now that won't happen until at least the first quarter of 2010. And plans for the major 4.0 release have been pushed back until the end of 2010 at the earliest, and more likely the first quarter of 2011."

NewbieGeek

Definitely get firefox (latest update). It is more convenient and simpler than Google Chrome. Site: firefox.com (the latest download should be available on the homepage)

ScottALot

Right now, Google Chrome is amazing. Firefox has gotten really slow, probably due to their attempts to patch every little hack people have on it. If FireFox can figure out a way to keep their browser fast while patching those "problems" then I'll return to FireFox.

Fatback

VIP Member
Right now, Google Chrome is amazing. Firefox has gotten really slow, probably due to their attempts to patch every little hack people have on it. If FireFox can figure out a way to keep their browser fast while patching those "problems" then I'll return to FireFox.

+3

FIREFOX!!! greatest thing ever! dont rly want to explain why, im too lazy

You have to explain why! if you don't then you're vote will not count:p