Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Use the best tool for the job

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

UriA702

Which CPU brand do you choose? Version 2

I think things are subjective at this point; AMD seems to be the better deal for builders on a budget, while Intel seems to be the leading choice for power users and/or gamers.

What do you guys think, I'm including 3 options on this poll.
1) AMD
2) Intel
3) The CPU is a tool, and you use the most effective tool for the job.

TFT

VIP Member
I have an Intel but basically I don't give a toss whether it be Intel or AMD, tomorrow may be different as it's what's best on the day I buy. Just because I have Intel does'nt make me a fanboy. :D

So it's option 3

Geoff

VIP Member
Processors really haven't changed much in the last year, the Core 2 Duo's were top then and they still are now.

Ethan3.14159

remember the good ol' days when it was amd at #1 and intel?? intel who?? i still really like amd but i voted for intel. hopefully they'll turn it around soon.

Ambushed

I used to prefer AMD, I actually own a AMD. But from time, I've came to become to the Intel world =).

lovely?

had an AMD single core and it was great, and i really like AMD as a company too. i hope they make a comeback soon and find ever greater ways to incorporate graphics and processors into the same unit, i think that is where technology is headed for the forseeable future...

but alas i chose intel because i own a c2d and it really is good.

i like the way amd cpus are better at dealing with memory (cache) so they need less i dunno i like to think it makes the cards cost less

Dazzeerr

Intel. I can remember when AMD were on top for quite a while. AMD were hot shit around the time Counter-Strike 1.6 was released because i remember everyone with the AMD & ATI combo.

People showing off their AMD Athlon & Radeon 9800 systems. :D Good times.
I think the Intel/Geforce equivalent was something like FX 5800 and 3Ghz+ Pentium 4's, could be wrong though.

Then all i remember is Intel & Geforce taking off ever since the 6 series and ATI never really making a big comeback.

Oh and these are all my opinions/beliefs, so don't rant at me if you don't agree ^^

Last edited:

Bob Jeffery

i am running a 2.1ghz sempron...upgrading to 6000 x2 this christmas. Dont really have any problems with the sempron...