• AMD

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Use the best tool for the job

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Ethan3.14159

yeah sorry i get frustrated when fanboys instigate arguments and try dragging everyone into it even though we couldnt care less about their opinion. oh well life goes on

fortyways

banned
yeah in what wonderland does a pentium e2160 outperform a 5200+, in pcwizard 08 benchmarks my 5000+ i only slightly behind the e6600 which is almost twice the price. you cant rant until your blue in the face your not going to change anyones opinion just like im not going to change yours.

the pentium allendales are old and slower than athlon x2's of the similar price but then again you probably cant read this with your head so far up your ass. people like amd because of price/performance or a general distaste for intel.

Well clearly you have some personal feelings on the matter, that's a shame.

The motherboards are cheaper and easier to get....

Okay, show me? It's not that I don't believe you, it's like this: I haven't used AMD for years, and I wouldn't know where to start looking for a solid AMD budget board (which is not to say that they do not exist). On the other hand, I can find a dozen solid Intel boards that'll overclock the Pentium DC and Celeron DC lines from 2.66 - 3.0GHz with no voltage increase in an instant, all in the $50 range.

I feel that the opposite maybe true for you (i.e., you are simply more knowledgeable with AMD boards than you are with Intel boards and therefore unaware of the many solid performing budget options).

Aero

i really have never liked intel before, but i think they finally did it with the core 2 duo. I have to vote intel

fortyways

banned
i like intel just as much as a normal person (not you obviously)
im done arguing about it, your like a troll

Actually, you're like a troll. I was making legitimate points and asking legitimate questions, and you entered with a belligerent attitude, as if questioning AMD is some form of blasphemy and anyone who doesn't immediately acknowledge AMD as the better budget option must be a fanboy.

When we notice your statements like, "AMD was fine before, why switch?", and "general distaste for Intel", and combine those with your stubborn inability to accept any scrutiny of AMD at all without calling me a troll, it becomes more and more clear that you are the fanboy.

Ethan3.14159

you cant even take my comment correctly i said if someone had a good experience with amd they may not have a reason to switch, and i never said i had a general distaste for intel but there are many out there that do.

you started the whole steaming pile of an argument with a belligerent attack on amd so congrats on your hypocracy.

fortyways

banned
I have a question for those who are saying AMD processors are good for budget builds:

How do you respond to the fact that Intel's Celeron Dual-Core and Pentium Dual-Core lines outperform, cost less, use less energy, and create less heat than comparable AMD processors?

It would seem to me that the only conceivable reason to buy an AMD processor is to support them in an effort to avoid an Intel monopoly.

Belligerent attack? Well I'm sorry that your reading comprehension skills are... lacking, but this is clearly a case of personal interest. A genuine, honest inquiry. I build budget computers all the time and if AMD really were a better option, it'd be something I'd want to know about.