Which DVD writer should I buy?

AIV

I'm indecisive between LG GH24NS72 and LG GH24NS95. The only thing that bothers me about GH24NS95 is the buffer size of only 0.75MB, unlike GH24NS72 which has 2MB buffer size. Which one should I buy?

Sophocles

VIP Member
The one that you can afford because it won't matter. Now if you're asking which BD writer to buy, well pretty much the same, although I always purchase the one with the largest cache. Just a thing I picked up years ago.

spirit

Staff member
Yeah these drives are so cheap it doesn't really matter which one you get. I like Samsung and LG drives personally.

Darren

Staff member
My Lite On drive is good too. They're all essentially the same at this point. Just go for the cheapest you can find. Keep an eye out on shipping for those though if your'e getting it by itself.

tremmor

Not sure why my two of LG burner fail in one years. lol.

open up the bay. Can of static free air across the laser heads.
Some laser heads are more sensitive. Different color dye maybe.
About all you can do. Blue, gray, red etc. which one worked before.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Use to use alot of LG and LiteOn. Started have problems with both. The LiteOns started breaking drive door belts and the LGs started having read or write failures.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
Not sure why my two of LG burner fail in one years. lol.
Because any burners are now so cheap, they're considered disposable.
Old burners cost a fortune. They were tough and well built.
I wish Pioneer still made burners. The ones that give me the least grief now are Samsung/Toshibas (TSST).

tremmor

I say higher quality. Laser heads etc. I had 5 burners at one time and all at once. Burned and made shows for people. wedding or what ever. some for money and mostly family for free. I liked them. I remember when i paid $500 for a cd burner. first one i think. think 360k. Don't burn much anymore. think burners are about obsolete now. microdrive works well. Have a Nikon CoolScan for negatives and slides only. love to get rid of this. Just what i used to do. Yes, its good.

I own an Asus drive. It hasn't given me any problems. The drive has only been used a few times so far, but I would buy from them again. So far I like the asus offerings.