Which DVD writer should I buy?

spirit

Staff member
Maybe for us techies. Not for the general user.

Not for me. How else do I install Windows on my PC? I can't be bothered to mess around with installing it from USB drives.

Also what about when I want to burn CDs and burn DVDs?

I would say that optical drives are on their way out, but they're not dead and gone yet. Or at least not to me they're not.

Okedokey

I cant remember the last time I burnt a dvd.

For all the other things an ISO program can allow you to mount and watch any dvd, and the USB install program for Windows is faster (by far) than any dvd for installing windows.

n0xious

I have an Asus myself. It's pretty good, burned around 50 DVD's as of today (I guess). :p no problems yet. But I heard Buffalo's got a decent selection.

PCunicorn

Not for me. How else do I install Windows on my PC? I can't be bothered to mess around with installing it from USB drives.

Also what about when I want to burn CDs and burn DVDs?

I would say that optical drives are on their way out, but they're not dead and gone yet. Or at least not to me they're not.

I can when I don't have a disk drive, plus it's much faster. I agree with Okedokey, disk drives are going bye-bye.

Jamebonds1

I can when I don't have a disk drive, plus it's much faster. I agree with Okedokey, disk drives are going bye-bye.

Can't forgot that movie would using disc. Just realized that Android Google Play and iTunes don't have 3D version movie. 3D kit are pretty expensive. I would say about 500 dollar for computer at cheapest. And 1200 dollar for 3D TV.