• Linux

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Vista

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • XP

Votes: 22 37.9%

• Total voters

sup2jzgte

If you were to build a PC tomorrow for surfing the web, some game playing, alot of music and just every day general use which would you install?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Vista, as long as I could use some imaginary money to purchase a Q6600, 8800gts, etc. Then when Alan Wake and all the other Vista only games come out, i could play them.

Geoff

VIP Member
Vista for DX10 support, also since XP doesn't support my RAID array (no drivers for it).

Gareth

Vista Basic is perfect for music and gaming + internet, Premium is more for movies and recording television. Also, Vista basic is less on system resources, and I do not regret getting it for my laptop 1 bit.

So you get the security of Vista, without all the resources.

Geoff

VIP Member
Vista Basic is perfect for music and gaming + internet, Premium is more for movies and recording television. Also, Vista basic is less on system resources, and I do not regret getting it for my laptop 1 bit.

So you get the security of Vista, without all the resources.
You do know you can turn off the effects of Vista Premium right? And by getting Vista Basic you don't get any of the advanced features, especially networking. It's worse then XP Home IMO.

Gareth

I have all the networking features id expect to find on XP home on my Vista basic laptop. Yes, I have Vista Ultimate on this desktop but I keep most of the effects on except for Aero Glass.

quagmondo23

Vista is probably better for basic things with the nice look and feel. Works with most games and directx10 support is cool. All round good for basic things (and gaming)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vista,aslong as you have enough ram theres nothing wrong with vista at all and its faster than Xp imo.

Motoxrdude

O, i didnt see that you wanted to game with it as well. Go vista, xp will be obsolete in a short period of time as it doesnt support dx10.

El DJ

Linux.
It's lightweight, boots up fast, and doesn't have all the unnecessary crap that XP and Vista comes with.