which sound card?

cohen

this is half just to buy something new haha. and im using my dads speakers now. which are 4.1. and beat your x 540's in sound quality. i know from experiance and from the specs. so im thinking it might be worth it. anything better then my onboard is good. so forget the fact that i might be wasting my money. i just need something that will do a decent job. so i know a sound blaster audigy isnt an amazing card. but would it be decently better then onboard?

Well if you have the 4.1 then yes go for a sound card... but 2.1 don't bother.

Kesava

ok so sound blaster audigy or something? i need like a few options that i can check out. can i have some decent models that are around 50 - 60 US dollars?

KevinKevin

I have Realtek's HD 7.1 sound card built into my motherboard. I have to say, the sound is incredible. My speakers aren't 7.1, but when you've got ear-phones on it's incredible. I have to say.

Kesava

Ok so im thinking ill probably get the Creative X-FI Xtreme Audio.

its not just a price thing, its availability and all that. cos im currently in india. its hard to get everything.

so this will be a decent card right? like i know that its not as good as an Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty or anything. but its good right?

any personal experiances?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
It has extreme driver issues. It's basically a Sound Blaster live with a lot of extra drivers and emulators. It is NOT worth $50 (or w/e you're paying for it).

Kesava

so what about the soundblaster live 24bit external?
is that what your talking about?

for me its the same price... so would it be more worth it?
i dont really want an external sound card. but if its a better option then ill take it haha

Kesava

i cant get that here. what about the soundblaster live! 24bit?
i can get the normal pci version.
i can also get the audigy value.