Who else has had Windows 10 forced upon them?

The VCR King

Woke up this morning to Windows 10 installer starting on my PC. Luckily it was only in the "copying files" stage so I pulled power to my system and then rebooted it and I was able to boot back into Windows 7. I then found that this was all because of Windows Update. I have now disabled Windows Update and even restricted it from running. I am extremely pissed that Microsoft would do something like this, forcing another operating system on me against my will. There is nothing wrong with Windows 7!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I had a client call me this morning saying the update had finished and they never selected to do it. I'm sure the forced update was done in stages as it started a couple months ago.

The VCR King

I had a client call me this morning saying the update had finished and they never selected to do it. I'm sure the forced update was done in stages as it started a couple months ago.
I guess I'm lucky. I stopped the update before it could happen and I'm still happily using Windows 7. I disabled Windows Update and set up my antivirus to recognize Windows Update as a malware and close it if it tries to install anything. Take that, Microsoft!

Punk

Staff member
Well by pulling the plug you risked killing your OS installation. I would have rather let it update to Win10 then revert back to Seven. Although I would suggest an update, Win10 is good.

Laquer Head

This aversion to Windows 10 so many people have is ridiculous.

People act like its some horrible, awful, end of the world thing.. get over it..upgrade.. its same shit..just advanced!

Geoff

VIP Member
Windows 10 is fantastic, I don't know why you wouldn't want to upgrade to it for free.

The Windows 10 upgrade is part of Windows update though, so if it was setup to automatically install (and many updates re-enable this), that's likely why it happened.

H4rdR3s37

This aversion to Windows 10 so many people have is ridiculous.

People act like its some horrible, awful, end of the world thing.. get over it..upgrade.. its same shit..just advanced!

Windows 10 is designed for casual users who use touchpad. Those who prefer mouse and keyboard are better with Windows 7.

H4rdR3s37

..Im sorry...WTF are you talking about?

Windows 10 first boot settings screen is designed for tablets or touch screens http://thinkingtech.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2015-08-03-10.31.34.jpg

Windows 10 icons are more 2D than 3D because touchpad is less accurate than mouse. Perhaps using less colours saves some watts also. Those new icons are ugly anyway http://i1.wp.com/anoopcnair.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/How-To-Change-ComputerName-1.jpg

When opening control panel (or something else), Windows 10 puts loading screen on top of everything until program has started. Because touchpad users are unable to multitask, that's OK http://f.tqn.com/y/pcsupport/1/L/B/l/-/-/startup-settings-icon-aso-windows-10.png

So basically Windows 10 is for non-multitaskers who prefer to use touchpad or touch screen. Professional users are better with Windows 7.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Windows 10 first boot settings screen is designed for tablets or touch screens http://thinkingtech.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2015-08-03-10.31.34.jpg

Windows 10 icons are more 2D than 3D because touchpad is less accurate than mouse. Perhaps using less colours saves some watts also. Those new icons are ugly anyway http://i1.wp.com/anoopcnair.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/How-To-Change-ComputerName-1.jpg

When opening control panel (or something else), Windows 10 puts loading screen on top of everything until program has started. Because touchpad users are unable to multitask, that's OK http://f.tqn.com/y/pcsupport/1/L/B/l/-/-/startup-settings-icon-aso-windows-10.png

So basically Windows 10 is for non-multitaskers who prefer to use touchpad or touch screen. Professional users are better with Windows 7.
Just stop posting. Because you're not talking about anything logically.

Punk

Staff member
Windows 10 is designed for casual users who use touchpad. Those who prefer mouse and keyboard are better with Windows 7.
Do you even know what you're talking about? Win10 is on my desktop right now, and i'm doing fine. No touch screen.

H4rdR3s37

Do you even know what you're talking about? Win10 is on my desktop right now, and i'm doing fine. No touch screen.

Fine? If all problems with Windows 10 using keyboard and mouse are "fine", perhaps then yes. Some examples:

- When starting conputer with multiple user accounts, Windows 7 shows all users available. Windows 10 shows picture screen. One click to get out of it and onto login screen. When on login screen scrolling through users with keyboard arrow keys is not possible.

- I'm using desktop computer and still see Settings panel on start menu instead Control panel.

- Scrolling through options with pressing first letter on keyboard. Usually not working on Windows 10.

That list is almost endless. Considering that Windows 7 come out 2009, Windows 10 is has huge drawbacks for desktop users.

While Windows 10 can be used with keyboard and mouse, it's much more restricted than Windows 7 for big screens and mouse+keyboard combo.

Darren

Staff member
Windows 10 has been nothing but easier to use than 7 was since I switched over on my desktop. I use 3 screens and a mouse and keyboard and a lot of the features of W10 make it much easier to navigate through multiple Windows.

Don't like 10? Fine. Go right ahead. But don't say 7 is better for mouse and keyboard users simply because 10 has better accessibility for BOTH platforms. Not just one. You make yourself sound like an ass.

H4rdR3s37

Windows 10 has been nothing but easier to use than 7 was since I switched over on my desktop. I use 3 screens and a mouse and keyboard and a lot of the features of W10 make it much easier to navigate through multiple Windows.

Don't like 10? Fine. Go right ahead. But don't say 7 is better for mouse and keyboard users simply because 10 has better accessibility for BOTH platforms. Not just one. You make yourself sound like an ass.

If Windows 10 has better accessibility for mouse+keyboard combo, then tell why. I already provided many examples why Windows 7 is much better.

Punk

Staff member
Fine? If all problems with Windows 10 using keyboard and mouse are "fine", perhaps then yes. Some examples:

- When starting conputer with multiple user accounts, Windows 7 shows all users available. Windows 10 shows picture screen. One click to get out of it and onto login screen. When on login screen scrolling through users with keyboard arrow keys is not possible.

- I'm using desktop computer and still see Settings panel on start menu instead Control panel.

- Scrolling through options with pressing first letter on keyboard. Usually not working on Windows 10.

That list is almost endless. Considering that Windows 7 come out 2009, Windows 10 is has huge drawbacks for desktop users.

While Windows 10 can be used with keyboard and mouse, it's much more restricted than Windows 7 for big screens and mouse+keyboard combo.

Oh damn that's one HUGE stepback, I mean two clicks instead of one!! But is it smoother? Hell yeah. Ergonomy or performance?

My "computer" habits haven't changed since Seven, I don't see ANY step backs. If you're basing your hate for Ten on those examples, then too bad for you stay in 2009. I'm far from a Windows fanboy by the way, hate 8 when it came out and waited until 8.1 was stable and running better than seven to upgrade. I did the same with Ten, I don't regret anything, Ten is far better in performance and ergonomy (apart from those two clicks at start. You can also press any key to remove the lock screen by the way...