WHO Has not upgraded to a dual core

jimmymac

VIP Member
well nobody can say they wont benefit from 2 cpus instead of one,

i can, dual core would be of absolutely no benefit to me, what i do doesnt require a dual core cpu. Maybe in the future i will get one but right now i have absolutely no need for it. In fact my consideration for my next upgrade at the moment is to look towards getting an Athlon 64 4000+ single core

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Well after seeing most ppeople on this forum have dual core its hard to pick out the single core people,

Who on this forum has not got a dual core processor and why,

also with at least 512mb of ram
i dont have a dual core cpu, reason, this was built about 3.5 years ago... im building my new one in 1.5months core2duo e6600,i think that compensates for 3 years of single core

dragon

nffc10

My processor is running fine at the moment, although over the last month or two i have noticed a slight deterioration in its performance. But it still runs perfectly fine, i have an AMD Athlon Xp 3200+ @ 2.21Ghz

sirmixalot42691

I'm still running single core. I have the money to upgrade to an X2 but I want to upgrade only when I really need to rather than for convenience.

Jet

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];550681 said:
I upgraded to a Pentium D 930
Upgraded to an Athlon 64 3400+
Downgraded to a Pentium 4 2.2
Upgraded to a Sempron 2500+
Upgraded to a Core 2 Duo E6300
Downgraded to a Pentium 4 631

I wouldn't consider the change from the Pentium D to the A64 3400+ an upgrade.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I haven't, I'm stuck with my AMD 64 2800+. It serves me well, plays game pretty well too. I'm not planning to upgrade to dual, or quad, core till my next build, which hopefully takes place in 2 more years.

Jet

VIP Member
i've got a pentium 4 3.6ghz, and it's fine for now

i'll probably go 64x2 once vista comes out

Why not Core 2 Duo?

i'm thinking about a quad-core 6700 once prices drop in the spring

10ghz is retarded fast

Just to let you know, it doesn't quite work that way :). First of all, the Ghz doesn't add up with multi-core processors. Secondly, Ghz doesn't matter nearly as much now as it did a few years ago.