Who thinks Blu-Ray is a waste of time?

evilvikingking

Personally, I do. I think its rubbish to have to pay all that extra money for a 'slightly better quality'.
Who agrees? (or who disagrees?)

madroxinide

It's a step forward in technology. Prices will go down, prices when DVD's came out were really high. You don't have to buy any Blu Ray products now, just wait.

brian

VIP Member
yes. the picture is great. and in about 5 years i see it will be as cheep as dvd's are today. now compare 8.5 GB to 50GB i would go with 50 gb. blu ray is the way to go and it has already beet hd dvd so it you are going to see a lot more of it.

teamhex

Personally, I do. I think its rubbish to have to pay all that extra money for a 'slightly better quality'.
Who agrees? (or who disagrees?)

Yeah its worth it, buy a PS3 and use it for blu ray, Its so worth it(if you have an HDTV). Yes the disks are expensive, but if a broke half the time college student can afford a player and the occasional movie. Then im sure most can. :cool:

Last edited:

funkysnair

VIP Member
dont know much about it but i know that im hearing the name being mentioned alot so im guessing that we all prob will be using it in the near future!!

wont be having much to do with it until it becomes reasonable price and more mainstream

Verve

I'll get it when I buy a new laptop. Im hoping to connect it to my HDTV.

Plus, wouldn't movies like Lord of the Rings look stunning in high-def?

Motoxrdude

Me thinks someone sounds a little to familiar for comfort....any ideas what i mean?

Nope, care to elaborate?

And just to be on topic: I think blueray is not a waste. High definition movies is definitly the way things are going nowdays and the extra storage capacity makes it possible on a single disk.

teamhex

Are you saying I am a college student. NO! I'm a college lecturer. (Theres a difference Lol)

I am a college student.....im saying if I can afford it working part time then someone working full time should be able to afford it. Its all about priorities.

Last edited:

fortyways

banned
Hi guys I'm a college lecturer without enough hindsight/foresight to realize that Blu-Ray:DVD::DVD:VHS. I also ask questions without using question marks, is that alright with you. Oh, and you only know what you're talking about if you have the same opinions as me.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Well if you have a HDTV, you'd probably want to use Blu-ray, as it has 1920 x 1080 resolution, instead of DVD's 720×480 resolution. All new technology comes out insanely expensive. Just look at DVD, when it first came out it cost half a fortune, and now it's dirt cheap.

just a noob

yeah...you'll probably end up eating those words of yours in a couple years, or less, and they can fit a lot more in terms of storage on to bluray disk

dznutz

Dishing out that extra money doesn't make sense to me. I won't be going Blu-Ray.

how's that horse carriage doing?

once china or india start making them it'll be cheap.

however, if hard drives get even cheaper, faster, and larger then i may stick to hd. for me it's all about cost

speaking of cost i just bought a sandisk 4 gig pro duo ultra 2 from staples for 40 bucks. last year my sandisk 4 gig pro duo gaming was 90 dollars. the new purchase is faster in every way. just wait and prices will drop