why are graphing calculators (especially TI) so shitty?

PohTayToez

A quick grammar lesson would tell you that "will" is simple future tense. I said nothing about their current product line-up, just a probable future product.
Also I was just making a jab at your previous two posts, one saying you would get a netbook and put a graphing app on it followed by the statement that Macs come with a graphing app. Of course I was talking about Apple so you had to go on the defensive and start calling me names. Nice. Of course the "nimrod" quip was probably in jest (I would assume, I don't think you have that much of a hard on for Apple) so I took it as a joke.

All talk of an Apple Netbook is purely speculation, Apple hasn't mentioned a word of it. As for the difference between a graphing calculator and graphing calculator software, I would say that the difference is that by having a standard graphing calculator, a teacher can show every student how to do a task at the same time, because it will be done the same way.

As to why they're so expensive, it's because you're paying for functionality rather than performance. There are so many different (free!) applications available for graphing calculators... everything from learning tools to video games, that I think the price is justified. Also, if you're shopping in the right places, a TI-84+ shouldn't be more than $100, $50 used.