Why do people hate vista?

patrickv

That would be known as lazy...

I love Vista, I picked up quick on it, if you know XP pretty well then you should have no problem with locating Vista stuff...

oh really ? how much time do you think will take you theming vista ?
with xp you simply download the ux patcher and apply themes but vista you have to actually look for this so called vistaglazz, set permissions , backup files,
apply a theme which apparently is not 100% stable or known to work:rolleyes:

PosterManiac

I dont hate VISTA. Simply it needs higher configuration which I am not thinking of changing it soon. But I have seen my colleagues using a home edition and I am start to think to upgrade my XP now.

I think Vista is going to be great but not as much successful as XP.

dakaptin

I have Vista 64bit ultimate and have no problems with it except a few programs dont know how to run on it. UAC is annoying but I can see how it'd be useful. I have it off.

and regarding crashes:NEVER had one yet!!!!! and more to the point, never even realised until I was reading this!!! thats how stable it is!

Vista does know how to strain a HDD to the max especiually multitasking an I highly reccommend installing it on a smaller and very fast HDD with all other stuff on another HDD - anyone who has anything to say about this must first ask them selves how many HDDs do I own and run!!!!!

all in all, although my comp gets a performance score of 5.9 (3Dmark06 of 11800), I think that it still takes all the same time to do stuff on it because the programs all need more resources now too!

2048Megabytes

The reason I dislike Windows Vista 64-bit is all the software out there currently is 32-bit. So what is the point in getting a 64-bit operating system?

Why should I also give more money to Microsoft everytime they come out with a new operating system? Windows XP seems to be fulfilling all my wants in an operating system currently.

I just uploaded Ubuntu 7.10 to my system currently and I am learning how to use it. Cost me a grand total of about$4.60 for someone else to make Compact Disc for me. That is a lot better than burning over $90 on Vista.

X2BreakOfFate

You know, alot of you people are pretty pathetic...
Oh know, I have to go through one extra menu because UAC likes to protect my computer from potential harmfull occurences... Oh no, its a resource hog on my computer that shouldn't be running Vista anyways. Oh no its a new operating system and some things dont work with it like a printer from 95' :( what ever should I do, this makes no sense. Oh no, this Camera doesn't work, its all Microsoft's fault for making a crappy operating system and not taking responcibilty for all of the four billion hardware and software out there. Oh no, I have to click four times to get to my networking and it doesn't even work because I'm to ignorant to try and learn and accept the fact that it is alot easier than it was in XP along with everything else. Its new, but its easier, and all of you are stubborn if you think otherwise. Oh no, these video games I waste my life with dont work as well with Vista because Vista uses my graphics card more than XP did and I dont think that within FIVE FRIGGEN YEARS BETWEEN XP AND VISTA I SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO UPGRADE.

Wow, think about it people? Vista is better, your just to stubborn to look at it from a distance a realize hey! Its acctually usefull and doesnt have a crappy interface. Half of you love linux and complain about Vista being hard to use. Hell linux takes a crap load of more time to setup and get working right than vista does. It comes with Aero, tell me when Beryl didnt take forever to set up and when you could double click and install a driver without downloading an dtyping a million lines of command? Seriously, owned.

paratwa

What is actually better about Vista? It's pretty? It's cool?

Games run slower, DX10 is a sham.

I am not saying I hate Vista, but just like I did with XP, I will wait until SP2 before converting.
Right now Vista has nothing to offer me. Just like XP really had nothing to offer me when I was using 98. But yes, XP is much more stable than 98 was, so it was worth converting to XP.
Maybe in a couple of years I will make the change, but not right now.

Besides, I have a feeling that DX10 will be ported to XP, mostly because of lack of sales of vista, and the game companys are going to pressure Microsoft into porting it.

Just like Dell and a couple of other companys are selling XP again in their new systems.

Why are they doing it? Because the people demanded it. They did not want to purchase a system that has little or no support for hardware (printers, cameras and such).

Why are people crying about the lack of support for their older equipment? Are you kidding?
If you are in your teens, and have not spent years buying printers and other things to run with your system, then it's not a big deal.
When I spend a couple of hundred for a printer, I expect that printer to work on any windows based system I buy. Why throw away equipment that is perfect, except it won't run on Vista.

That's a pretty arrogant way to think if you ask me. Newer is not always better!

oh really ? how much time do you think will take you theming vista ?
with xp you simply download the ux patcher and apply themes but vista you have to actually look for this so called vistaglazz, set permissions , backup files,
apply a theme which apparently is not 100% stable or known to work:rolleyes:

Not a damn bit of time to set that up... Hmm...well at least Vista has native support for SATA optical drives... You guys draw it out and blow it way out of proportion...

patrickv

Not a damn bit of time to set that up... Hmm...well at least Vista has native support for SATA optical drives... You guys draw it out and blow it way out of proportion...

yeah right am pretty sure you don't have the time. probably you don't wanna do it cause you don't want to mess it up huh ? :D

yeah right am pretty sure you don't have the time. probably you don't wanna do it cause you don't want to mess it up huh ? :D

What? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.... Guys, it is like XP, only prettier and a few BETTER interface location features...

Well for one thing "tracert" doesn't work...

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
What? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.... Guys, it is like XP, only prettier and a few BETTER interface location features...

Well for one thing "tracert" doesn't work...

Exactly, most people that "hate" vista have used it for one day and complain about the UAC feature that they are too dumb to figure out how to turn it off, and or they are trying to run it on a celeron with 512mb of ram :rolleyes:. And im getting sick of the 32 vs 64bit debates were most people dont even know what they are talking about and will try to find any way to prove any helpful information you give wrong.

Exactly, most people that "hate" vista have used it for one day and complain about the UAC feature that they are too dumb to figure out how to turn it off, and or they are trying to run it on a celeron with 512mb of ram :rolleyes:. And im getting sick of the 32 vs 64bit debates were most people dont even know what they are talking about and will try to find any way to prove any helpful information you give wrong.

+1
In 32 vs. 64, it boils down to "drivers vs. RAM"... I took both, what are they arguing about?

patrickv

and or they are trying to run it on a celeron with 512mb of ram :rolleyes:

duh im the one who ran vista on 512 ram and a celeron , i didn't complain the only thing which pissed me off is that according to MS vista can be run on this spec.
well they didn't put in mind that after starting software installation vista would go haywire, did you go to microsoft.com and check out vista requirements ?
really lame !! :eek::rolleyes:

duh im the one who ran vista on 512 ram and a celeron , i didn't complain the only thing which pissed me off is that according to MS vista can be run on this spec.
well they didn't put in mind that after starting software installation vista would go haywire, did you go to microsoft.com and check out vista requirements ?
really lame !! :eek::rolleyes:

Umm...no b/c Celeron D, which I assume was the CPU, were obsolete 2 yr's ago... And 512Mb of RAM was dead around that same time... This isn't 2000 --> XP, which was a useless upgrade.. Have you seen my desktop screenshot? If so, look at all the software that is all over mine.. Mine is actually pretty solid and quick, so I ask you, define haywire please? Let's just go back in time and make Vista with 98's requirements, then you guys would say that all this nice hardware is overkill... Make up your friggin' mind...

patrickv

aso I ask you, define haywire please?
ssure, here http://dict.die.net/haywire/
read number 2
Let's just go back in time and make Vista with 98's requirements, then you guys would say that all this nice hardware is overkill... Make up your friggin' mind...
stop being childish intelcrazy, sure you're a sucker for vista thats fine with me, even though am also falling for it little by little:eek:
Microsoft made an OS and they don't even know which requirement to give it..geez :eek:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I mean, you can't tell everyone it sucks because you tried it on a celeron with 512mb of ram... of course its going to suck on that system!!

ssure, here http://dict.die.net/haywire/
read number 2

stop being childish intelcrazy, sure you're a sucker for vista thats fine with me, even though am also falling for it little by little:eek:
Microsoft made an OS and they don't even know which requirement to give it..geez :eek:

No they made them higher to get hardware sluts off their grounds & to further accelerate hardware development... Seems like common sense to me, are you too dense for this?

patrickv

heyIntelcrazy, Nice avatar by the way, lol, give it some colours though.
Also it should read "vista capable" instead of "vista supporter"