Why Microsoft Sucks

jllipke

Before I tell you anything, you should probably know that if you are a HUGE fan of Microsoft Operating Systems, then you shouldn't read this...:)

Have you ever heard of the "Cloud"? If not, the Cloud project is a way to have things saved on the internet other than your Desktop. The reason why Microsoft sucks is the fact that they are all about the $$$. Microsoft's Cloud will bring nothing but misery to us all. It may seem very helpful ( which I agree to) but if you take a long pause and think about it, Cloud will probably become HUGE right? and Microsoft LOVES money right? ( like Bill Gates doesn't have enough) :D Microsoft will come up with the idea or already has that they can make TONS of money by simply creating an operating system based on the internet. Then as that idea gets big enough to where other Businesses will steal the idea. ( Macintosh, Linux, etc. )
Soon before we know it, We will have to do EVERYTHING on the Internet that we can do normally on our Desktop. Next to come is the Internet being more dangerous than ever, ( like it can get any worse ) It will also cost LOTS of money to have access to it which in this economy, ITS NOT GOING TO HELP :)

Thank you for your Time and concerns :D

Last edited:

PohTayToez

So Microsoft sucks because of some theoretical software that you think they're going to create that's going to be bad?

jllipke

The Cloud is already there they are just trying to making it larger

( I do admit, I am a Microsoft fan even knowing what they do because they were the first and best OS. ) :)

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
yeah it is because we will have to pay to go on to the computer for the simplest things

( I do admit, I am a Microsoft fan even knowing what they do because they were the first and best OS. ) :)

Come back and complain when it's actually in effect. There's nothing to complain about at the moment.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Cloud storage and whatnot will never be mandatory. Hard drives aren't going to go away.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
By the way, an example of a webOS already in effect is Google Chromium. It's all web based for the most part.

GaryCantley

"The Cloud" will never be the ONLY OS.

Think of those that live in areas where broadband is still a pipe dream, how will they use "The Cloud"?

I've had a look at what is there at the moment. Great if you have internet access. If you dont, then its about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Phy

So Microsoft sucks because they want to make money? How dare they take advantage of our capitalistic society.

zombine210

this whole cloud thing is seriously a bad idea.

they tout it around like it's the greatest thing when all your stuff is in the 'virtual' world and whatnot. but all that data still has to be somewhere physically.

for one, this will give hackers and thieves a lot less but much bigger targets.
then they're going to start selling 'virtual' space like they sell cellphone minutes.
imagine paying $100 /mo to use a computer 0.0 !

F*&k that! not me dudes. i don't want none of that shit. i'm stocking up on old tech.

crescere

This post is immature. If the free market likes cloud computing Microsoft and other companies will be financially rewarded for providing the service. If cloud computing is not well received they will fail and lose money. It is called capitalism.

tremmor

Sorry, don't know where this is going. Microsoft set up the operating system in the first place. It requires many programmers constantly for support. Drivers, security and critical updates etc, goes on constant for years with support. Each programmer is specific to each routine always. Then someone will harness it and put it together. It works well. Don't like it, don't use it.
tremmor

Have no issues with making money. don't care.

jllipke

This post is immature. If the free market likes cloud computing Microsoft and other companies will be financially rewarded for providing the service. If cloud computing is not well received they will fail and lose money. It is called capitalism.
good for them, Not for us

jllipke

"The Cloud" will never be the ONLY OS.

Think of those that live in areas where broadband is still a pipe dream, how will they use "The Cloud"?

I've had a look at what is there at the moment. Great if you have internet access. If you dont, then its about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
do you see the point

jllipke

So they're like every major corporation. I'm not seeing why Microsoft is any worse than anyone else.
It's different because it's the Internet we are talking about! Not FootLocker, Do you know how BIG the internet actually is? Microsoft is just realizing how much we use it every day.

Last edited: