Why Microsoft Sucks

jllipke

this whole cloud thing is seriously a bad idea.

they tout it around like it's the greatest thing when all your stuff is in the 'virtual' world and whatnot. but all that data still has to be somewhere physically.

for one, this will give hackers and thieves a lot less but much bigger targets.
then they're going to start selling 'virtual' space like they sell cellphone minutes.
imagine paying $100 /mo to use a computer 0.0 !

F*&k that! not me dudes. i don't want none of that shit. i'm stocking up on old tech.
Old stuff won't help you very much

speedyink

VIP Member
Before I tell you anything, you should probably know that if you are a HUGE fan of Microsoft Operating Systems, then you shouldn't read this...:)

Have you ever heard of the "Cloud"? If not, the Cloud project is a way to have things saved on the internet other than your Desktop. The reason why Microsoft sucks is the fact that they are all about the $$$. Microsoft's Cloud will bring nothing but misery to us all. It may seem very helpful ( which I agree to) but if you take a long pause and think about it, Cloud will probably become HUGE right? and Microsoft LOVES money right? ( like Bill Gates doesn't have enough) :D Microsoft will come up with the idea or already has that they can make TONS of money by simply creating an operating system based on the internet. Then as that idea gets big enough to where other Businesses will steal the idea. ( Macintosh, Linux, etc. )
Soon before we know it, We will have to do EVERYTHING on the Internet that we can do normally on our Desktop. Next to come is the Internet being more dangerous than ever, ( like it can get any worse ) It will also cost LOTS of money to have access to it which in this economy, ITS NOT GOING TO HELP :)

Thank you for your Time and concerns :D

I can't even begin to describe what's wrong with this post.

pwlljakob

Microsoft needs to lighten up on piracy and more than one use on a product key... I agree completely... I <3 opensource!!!!

speedyink

VIP Member
whats wrong with it? the topic or the post itself?

Both. Not only are you completely basing your opinion on a mythological future you've created yourself, but to imply that Microsoft is the only company out there to make money..it's just laughable. I know you're point is that it's the ONLY reason Microsoft is doing anything, based on completely nothing, but that just sounds like crazy person talk to me, so I'm not gonna touch that one with a 10 ft pole.

jllipke

It would be difficult for me to do that because I have been to so many websites and forums and I don't have time to find them all

DMGrier

VIP Member
Microsoft sucks.... This is true but I do not think your points are valid. I would put my Ubuntu against Windows any day in design and know with the exception of gaming come out on top. To argue M$ sucking due to it's lack of cloud is just stupid, I mean yeah I know that every major OS has done much better then them in cloud services,

Plus lets not discredit the ideas of a Cloud OS, Chrome and Chromium OS have done some impressive things to make them very nice for the end user. Google has put a lot of time and money into it to make it possible. Half of you have not even take the time to look at what it could possible do. With some of the new technology the developed or purchased and the relationships they established users have free storage to store there photo's and even use the same tech in Picasa to edit it in the browser. now they have a way of uploading, purchasing, listening and sharing music with mobile devices in the new media music player google music. How about what other things most end users do like watch videos on hulu, crackle or netflix.Posting and sharing on google+, Facebook or Twitter.

I am not dismissing all the things that a non cloud OS can do over it but I am also saying for the end user do not dismiss what a cloud OS could do.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Microsoft sucks.... This is true but I do not think your points are valid. I would put my Ubuntu against Windows any day in design and know with the exception of gaming come out on top. To argue M$ sucking due to it's lack of cloud is just stupid, I mean yeah I know that every major OS has done much better then them in cloud services,

Plus lets not discredit the ideas of a Cloud OS, Chrome and Chromium OS have done some impressive things to make them very nice for the end user. Google has put a lot of time and money into it to make it possible. Half of you have not even take the time to look at what it could possible do. With some of the new technology the developed or purchased and the relationships they established users have free storage to store there photo's and even use the same tech in Picasa to edit it in the browser. now they have a way of uploading, purchasing, listening and sharing music with mobile devices in the new media music player google music. How about what other things most end users do like watch videos on hulu, crackle or netflix.Posting and sharing on google+, Facebook or Twitter.

I am not dismissing all the things that a non cloud OS can do over it but I am also saying for the end user do not dismiss what a cloud OS could do.

These are the only valid and realistic points I've seen made in this whole thread. Though I agree with you, I never said a cloud OS wasn't good. OP just thought if MS offered a cloud service they'd be charged up the butt to use it. It just goes to show you that even if/when MS offers something [paid], there are free alternatives out there. OP failed to mention any part of that in his rant.

DMGrier

VIP Member
These are the only valid and realistic points I've seen made in this whole thread. Though I agree with you, I never said a cloud OS wasn't good. OP just thought if MS offered a cloud service they'd be charged up the butt to use it. It just goes to show you that even if/when MS offers something [paid], there are free alternatives out there. OP failed to mention any part of that in his rant.

I try to make some valid points. Yeah I am sure that M$ would rape in price but no worse then Apple. I was watching a video on cnet that Apple is charging for a music cloud service that is $24.99 where as Amazon, Google Music, Ubuntu One is free up to a storage amount and actually Amazon if you buy all your music through them then there is no storage cap that is free.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
( I do admit, I am a Microsoft fan even knowing what they do because they were the first and best OS. )

You need to read some actual history there, kiddo. The only part of this statement that might[/] be true is that you are a fan.

But considering the content of the rest of your posts, that doesn't seem very factual either.

This entire thread is a farce. Is MS out to make money? Of course they are. So it Apple, Toshiba, HP, and every other technology company. Will you have to pay (in one way or another) for the privilege of accessing your data? Yes, just like you pay for the hard drive you store your data on now.

Do you have internet access? Then you are paying (or making someone else pay) for that access.

The cold, hard fact of the matter is that Microsoft has not charged any more than people are willing to pay for something. If you don't want to pay their premium, then buy something else; the schlub behind you will pay that price.

Otherwise, MS would have failed a long time ago.

</thread>

jllipke

You need to read some actual history there, kiddo. The only part of this statement that might[/] be true is that you are a fan.

But considering the content of the rest of your posts, that doesn't seem very factual either.

This entire thread is a farce. Is MS out to make money? Of course they are. So it Apple, Toshiba, HP, and every other technology company. Will you have to pay (in one way or another) for the privilege of accessing your data? Yes, just like you pay for the hard drive you store your data on now.

Do you have internet access? Then you are paying (or making someone else pay) for that access.

The cold, hard fact of the matter is that Microsoft has not charged any more than people are willing to pay for something. If you don't want to pay their premium, then buy something else; the schlub behind you will pay that price.

Otherwise, MS would have failed a long time ago.

</thread>

Yeah but you only have to pay for the Hard drive Once. Cloud is going to charge you monthly just to turn your computer. You people need to open your eyes, Cloud will bring more bad then good, Although Cloud will bring some good things too like being able to access your files on a different Computer, but it doesn't make up for the bad things.

MS is going to be sucking every Dime out of our pockets expecting for more.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah but you only have to pay for the Hard drive Once. Cloud is going to charge you monthly just to turn your computer. You people need to open your eyes, Cloud will bring more bad then good, Although Cloud will bring some good things too like being able to access your files on a different Computer, but it doesn't make up for the bad things.

So does everybody else. Nothing free.

^This. The price plans of the cloud is no different than other online storage available today. You act like charging for another monthly service is new to the world.

DMGrier

VIP Member

You are a special one, no cloud will cost no more the the HDD, cloud services are pretty cheap if not free in most cases depending on your storage needs not to mention even cloud computers like the chrome book have SSD for people.