Vista is good. Everyone knows these are the min:

Intel Pentium 4 / Amd Athlon 64 3500+
1.5GB Ram
Nvidia 6X series Or ATI x1XXX Series as they support shader 3
And at least 25gb free.
And a clean dust free case

PC eye

banned
The second link seen there is rather lame! "gee vista use more memory then xp!"? So XP uses more memory then previous versions! like 98 for instance. Nothing new since programs are also larger now then when XP first came out.

Without the glitter of the Aero themes it becomes what? Simply another version of Windows with it's own annoyances. XP has some of it's own to consider. ME was a total flop! 98 had it's own driver issues, etc. etc. etc....

TheBOSS

2000 was quite solid I found. Good upgrade from 98 or ME systems. Also not bad if your PC can't run XP.

andy_mitch92

People who hate Vista don't know why Vista is so great. It sure does use tons of ram and thats a GREAT thing because ram is so much faster than a hard drive, and all of you people who are going to say "ram is way to expensive" you are wrong, you can get 4gb of 1000mhz off of newegg for $100. Vista has pushed the hardware envelope and has made the hardware engineers make newer better products.

That Is All.

vonfeldt7

Link to why you should get Vista.

Dear pc-tech: Have you actually tried Vista? It sounds as if you haven't (if you have, my bad, but by judging from your comment "this is why i wont get vista," I'm guessing you haven't).

What's the point of this thread? Really....I mean any random person can make a thread and say "vista is the worstess operating sistim eversz lolz" and know that everyone will agree with them. We already have a ton of these.

Oh, and by "Have you tried Vista" I mean for more than 5 seconds at an internet cafe. Anyways, I'm not trying to be...."rude" or whatever, but I just don't see the point. Oh well.

Last edited:

pc-tech

banned
yes ive used vista, i recently got a computer with vista and dumped it in a week
my cousins also have some computers w/vista

<knows what's coming>

I am waiting on paratwa and his popcorn smilie thing... :rolleyes:

yes ive used vista, i recently got a computer with vista and dumped it in a week
my cousins also have some computers w/vista

Probably a P4 that you got it on or some other type of low level CPU, if it was anything better than what's in your sig, you would replace your sig ;)

Jump on the Vista hater bandwagon there pc-tech, if you knew anything at all you would know that Vista is just another version of Windows and you would know/mention that you could turn off UAC or Aero.

XP used more RAM than 2000 and it had themes, the ugly default blue one...

I suggest you reevaluate your statements...

PC eye

banned
Do you think for a moment I left things set at the XP themes here? NADA! When first getting into XP those years back I first hated the look! But 98SE was a little outdated by that plus then seeing NTFS over Fat was a sell!

2000 wasn't an upgrade to ME since both were out at the same time. 2000 was the upgrade to NT 4.0 there. XP is what combined desktops for home users with the NT core. Many simply refused to upgrade to XP for some time since it was labeled a memory hog for those using the old system with only 64mb and 128mb of installed memory.

Vista's delay in being released has actually left it behind hardware wise since that moves faster then the software companies as well as MS. Who is worried about a 512mb minimum when new boards handle 16gb of memory? The OSs and chipsets have to keep up there.

SirKenin

banned
This thread reminds me a lot of a certain other poster who likes to post in a lot of threads, but has very little real life experience, and actually none at all in numerous threads where they post. Sometimes it humours me to think what actually gives these people the notion that they are any type of authority on the subject.

It's amazing the people that call themselves "techs" and "PC gurus" these days. You hit the power button, Google or Youtube and all of a sudden you're an expert. :rolleyes:

This thread reminds me a lot of a certain other poster who likes to post in a lot of threads, but has very little real life experience, and actually none at all in numerous threads where they post. Sometimes it humours me to think what actually gives these people the notion that they are any type of authority on the subject.

It's amazing the people that call themselves "techs" and "PC gurus" these days. You hit the power button, Google or Youtube and all of a sudden you're an expert. :rolleyes:

Here we go again.... Coming from somebody that has a good post rate of 50%..:rolleyes:

Is it jealousy?

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
This thread reminds me a lot of a certain other poster who likes to post in a lot of threads, but has very little real life experience, and actually none at all in numerous threads where they post.

You know, the same could be said of you in certain situations.

Sometimes it humours me to think what actually gives these people the notion that they are any type of authority on the subject.

Maybe it's the same notion that causes some of these self-proclaimed authorities so create a post bashing WD because they fail all the time, when in fact if they spent half as much time repairing systems as they claim, they would realize parts from all Brands fail all the time.

It's amazing the people that call themselves "techs" and "PC gurus" these days. You hit the power button, Google or Youtube and all of a sudden you're an expert.

Yeah, we know...you're the uber tech of awesomcakes. Care to post up proof of your certifications so we know you're not bullshitting everyone? Put up or shut up.

Seriously, most of the time you act like one of these Trolling POS's that have been popping up the last few weeks, only with 4k Posts. Get over yourself;)

And for the record, if I was ever stumped on something, I'd take IC's advice over yours any day.

TFT

VIP Member
For Gods sake SirCretin just leave people alone and stop following him around like an annoying dog:p

Kornowski

VIP Member
lol,

It's a lot like Marmite, you either love Vista, or you don't... it's your opinion, leave it at that...

[/stupid pathetic arguing, over the internet] :cool: