• I 'Hate' Vista and don't use it

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • I 'Hate' Vista but I still use it

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • I Don't mind it

Votes: 70 32.7%
  • I Love it

Votes: 64 29.9%
  • My cat's breath smells like cat food...

Votes: 33 15.4%

• Total voters

scooter

banned
Given the fact that alot of people seem to be very, very passionate in announcing their hatred of Windows Vista, but rarely giving details into their specific issues...

I thought it would be interesting to get people to give at least 1 reason, feature, issue, bug, whatever which makes them 'hate' Vista or dislike, resent or whatever!

You gotta give a real issue, not just 'I hate Vista cause it sucks'

..Me personally..I dont hate Vista I just find that there is too much emphasis on pretty colors and not enough on properly developed features to make the user experience better...

Last edited:

Calibretto

VIP Member
Vista handles RAM and resources horribly. My laptop has 3GB of RAM and with the laptop running idle, a third of it is being taken up!

alexyu

I didnt hate vista before, but now I hate it, because I'm on safe mode due to a BSOD.
So the second option.

Kesava

I love it. Runs completely fine with my 2Gb ram. I mean it usually uses around 1Gb of that. But if im gaming or something, even if its using 100%, I dont experience any slowdown or anything.

The only reasons that i think are valid for not to upgrade are, if your computer just cant run it smoothly, if you dont have a very big mental capacity and therefore dont want to familiarize yourself with a different OS, or if you have certain programs/drivers that will only work with xp.

Personally I have alot more trouble as far as drivers go on XP.

ScOuT

VIP Member
I love it also....been running Vista Ultimate 64 bit on my laptop(bought a copy the day it was released) and Vista Home Premium 64 bit on my desktop and never had any real problems. Had a few hang ups here and there but nothing I could not figure out :)

It did take some getting used to at first...after soo many years of XP use. Now I can't really even use XP! When I work on my daughters Dell, I have more problems with XP than I ever have with Vista.

PHATSPEED7x

I have it on my new laptop, and I love it. 2GB of RAM works great. Will have to upgrade the gf's computer with another GB of RAM. I voted my cat's breath smells like cat food.

SIMP

I like Vista just fine. I'm not a real "technical" person so Vista works just fine for me. It uses about 1-1.5GB RAM while idle which is fine with me.

I just went from the 64bit back down to 32bit Ultimate and I can't tell a difference. I also like XP just fine as well.

adarsh

Vista has by far has a greater security structure than XP.

Also, I don't think Microsoft will ever be able to iron out ALL the bugs, so Windows users, just live with it without complaining :p

jdbennet

my laptop has 3GB of RAM and with the laptop running idle, a third of it is being taken up!

you just dont understand how it works. Linux does the same thing. Its not using all the ram, what its doing is caching, in the long run this actually improves performance.

under control+alt+del -> task manbaer -> performance

your actual free ram is Free Memory + Cached

i have 2037 total
1494 cached
and 77 free

1494+77 = 1574

so really i am using 2037 - 1574 = 463 used, which is only maybe 100mb more than an average xp install

Last edited:

jdbennet

vista is actually a lot more efficient, the only reason its slower to start up is becsause superfetch is caching stuff. Once its been up for a while its faster. Also vista uses less CPU cycles because all the windowing is offloaded to the GPU.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I voted for "My cat's breath smells like cat food," and I don't even own a cat. However, I think, "I bent my Wookie," would have been a better Ralph quote.

I don't hate Vista but I think it is a complete waste of money and doesn't offer any real benefit over XP. I will hold out till Windows 7.

Droogie

I think a lot of people say they hate just to fit in. It seems like a "hate Vista" bandwagon has formed. From my experience it's been great, and there isn't anything to hate about it.

Kesava

Haha yeah I was on the bandwagon for ages... just cos it was fun. Its much easier to badmouth something then stick up for it. I didnt have any reason to hate vista at the time...

Ethan3.14159

I bought Vista the day it came out, and I absolutely love it. It's far beyond XP in my opinion. Sure it's a resource hog, but so was XP to systems in 2001 when it came out. Most people on the "Vista hate" bandwagon haven't used it long enough to appreciate at all, or they try and put it on a system predating XP.