Win 7 V.S Win Vista

pokaitsao

Hi!

I heard that windows 7 is coming out soon, so I am planning on buying one new notebook with windows 7 because my old notebook is dead.

However, I have a question for all of you~

What do you all think about the new coming out windows 7? Anyone tested it yet? Is it true that the booting time is faster?

Is Win 7 way easier to use?

Thanks for reply :rolleyes:

kimsland

Windows 7 is a hundred times better than Vista ever was

Mind you I'm still using XP ;) But Windows 7 isn't out yet anyway
Many many Users downloaded Windows 7 (I'll call it Trial OS)
And everyone was impressed with it

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
There are things I like about Windows 7 and things I hate. I guess for the most part, I do like it better than Vista. Visual performance is a bit more sluggish, but otherwise it "feels" much the same. As for it being easier to use, there are some things that have been GREATLY improved since Vista (searching, for example). But they've also removed things, such as the classic view with the taskbar and Control Panel.

Also, since the taskbar has been completely redesigned, I have noticed programs not working correctly. Trillian no longer has popup email notifications. It plays the audio, but I don't see anything.

Twist86

Windows 7 is a hundred times better than Vista

That would be false....id say 7 is about 10-15% better then Vista.

Windows 7 is simply Vista with some large issues fixed and some added eye candy all for $300.
The boot times on USERS using the OEM version that was leaked show 2-5 seconds increase in boot times.

The only thing I like about windows 7 is folder options don't magically get deleted anymore.

I would get it if you have the chance though. I heard that anyone who gets Vista on a NEW PC the next few months will get a free voucher upgrade to 7....might want to check with who your buying from if this is true.

Last edited:

JessicaD

Kimsland,

Thank you for your support of Windows 7! Have you pre-ordered your copy of Win 7 yet? If you are planning on purchasing Windows 7 when it is released it may be helpful to know you don't have to wait until October to reserve your copy of Win 7! You can pre-order your copy of Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional today. For more information, see the Windows 7 Pre-Order offer page here: http://tinyurl.com/nldc8p

Also, if you are currently a student you may qualify for the $30 upgrade to Windows 7. For more information, please go here: http://tinyurl.com/m7nyxa

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

epidemik

I've been using Windows 7 beta/rc for about 4 months. No problems whatsoever. I like it alot.

I've never used vista but the windows 7 beta was a nice upgrade from XP.

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
I'm still using Windows 7 RC till now, no problems. I cannot go back to Vista or XP, Windows 7 is great.

mac550

lets just say, i sure as hell wont be getting Win 7, its even worse than vista. Id go back to XP if it supported DX10 and 6Gb RAM, thats the only reason i use Vista. XP is by far the best OS M$ have ever released IMO

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
lets just say, i sure as hell wont be getting Win 7, its even worse than vista. Id go back to XP if it supported DX10 and 6Gb RAM, thats the only reason i use Vista. XP is by far the best OS M$ have ever released IMO

Thats the only reason i went to vista and 7...because of DX10 support....and microsoft knew themselevs that if they somehow made DX10 possible on Xp,Nobody would buy Vista/7.

I agree with Xp been the best OS they ever relesed....long live XP,If only i could go back :(

mac550

Thats the only reason i went to vista and 7...because of DX10 support....and microsoft knew themselevs that if they somehow made DX10 possible on Xp,Nobody would buy Vista/7.

I agree with Xp been the best OS they ever relesed....long live XP,If only i could go back :(

cant argue with that

kimsland

Thank you for your support of Windows 7! Have you pre-ordered your copy of Win 7 yet?
No, I should have mentioned I only like full versions
This was the same for all other Windows OS as well, I've never liked upgrade as you need the older OS installed first (note this last comment solely intended for Jessica)

I will also likely wait about 6 months, putting up with my perfectly working XP ;)

pokaitsao

My friend has generously given me a laptop comes with Win Vista Home, over the weekend I have reinstalled to Win 7 and right now I prefer Win 7 over Vista.

Win 7 suppose to be compatible with all the software that have been working on XP and Vista right? Are there any software only compatible with Win 7 and not with others OS? :cool:

kimsland

Firstly instead of saying "software" its actually "Operating System"

Windows 7 is compatible with 99.9% of all Vista machines
But it may not be for XP machines. You will need to check with your manufacture support website ;)

pokaitsao

Firstly instead of saying "software" its actually "Operating System"

Windows 7 is compatible with 99.9% of all Vista machines
But it may not be for XP machines. You will need to check with your manufacture support website ;)

Thanks for the correction xD :good:

Archangel

VIP Member

Funny... at the time Xp was released, windows 2000 was the best OS ever released by microsoft, and damn was xp crappy at the start.
Xp didnt become good till SP2 tbh.

Eitehr way.. I dont actually have that much to complain about Vista. havn't looked into 7 at all yet. true, they're not perfect.

kimsland

I agree XP (zero service pack) was a flop
Basically if anyone went on the Internet, it would usually fall over either straight away or soon after (Malware being the culprit, not exactly Windows)
ie Windows XP when first released used without Internet (or any network) worked quite well ;)

From the huge testing of Windows 7, with MS being more open and lenient than ever before; I believe that it won't be a flop. Although I do agree that the "Service Pack" will likely be released not long after its released, with the User calling the shots.

MS do like the consumers being the guinea pigs, as always ;)

Drewat17

Funny... at the time Xp was released, windows 2000 was the best OS ever released by microsoft, and damn was xp crappy at the start.
Xp didnt become good till SP2 tbh.

Eitehr way.. I dont actually have that much to complain about Vista. havn't looked into 7 at all yet. true, they're not perfect.

I just got SP2 for vista ultimate and I think its going slower :(.

kimsland

Read: What's included in Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2): http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=149623

Read: How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Please note that Windows Vista Service Pack 2 includes:
  • Previously released security updates
  • Additional support for Bluetooth wireless technology
  • Windows Search 4.0
  • Many other miscellaneous updates
All these updates/additions enhance your Windows, but also slows it down
It is recommended to have a minimum of 2Gig of ram, or ideally 4Gig for Windows Vista SP2 + Applications (like Antivirus ;))

HumanMage

Windows 7 is leaps and bounds better than Vista. I've been running both on my laptop the past few months and performance overall is much much better on 7. on average the boot time is faster, but since I dual boot my laptop, my boot time is slower than usual (thats what I think anyway). I get a lot better performance on video games (Counter Strike, Warcraft III, etc. etc.) I'd say a good 10-15 more FPS using 7 as opposed to Vista.

You can download the Windows 7 RC, at least I think you still can, to try it out for yourself. Maximum PC did a review on all the new features and improvements in 7 as well on their website, maximumpc.com. I'd check that out as well.

Drewat17

I was wondering if anyone has seen any deals on upgrading from vista to win 7? It sucks I have only had vista for just about a year. Bill Gates = hustler