Winchester Model 1887 - MW2

What should IW do about the Winchesters?

• Leave them the way they are

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Balance them (reduce damage, range, etc.)

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Take them out all together!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Motorcharge

Just trespassing would be a bit much.. Far as I know we only have the right to shoot someone if its in self defense, meaning your life is in danger and you shot the person to protect yourself.

Granted there is a difference between shooting someone to protect yourself compared to shooting someone to protect yourself then shooting them again even though your life is no longer in danger, otherwise known as assault or murder.

/rant plus I'm bored..lol

Self Defense laws vary greatly by state. Theres generally more to it than "feeling threatened".

Motorcharge

Ah ok.. wait, how does Dual Wielding become Akimbo?:confused:

From wikipedia:
Following the success of Quake 2, from 1998 the word was adopted into computer gaming in reference to the dual wielding of two weapons. It was mentioned prior to 1998 in the game Blood, as a power-up called the "Guns Akimbo". For example, in a first person shooter game, the player might choose a "pistols akimbo" option to wield one gun in each hand. In Far Cry Instincts when a player is dual-wielding weapons it is called Akimbo, and in Left 4 Dead there is an achievement for playing a campaign with only dual pistols, called Akimbo Assassin. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars features an experience reward called Akimbo Pistols, which are the only dual wield weapons in the game. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 features dual-wielding pistols and other one handed weapons, with the Akimbo attachment, found on Submachine Guns, Handguns, Machine Pistols and certain shotguns.[2]

Motorcharge

Looks like they more or less just made it up lol.
Best I can figure is dual wielding looks similar to the original definition.

"Akimbo is a human body position in which the hands are on the hips and the elbows are bowed outward, or bent/bowed in a more general sense."

Akimbo-photo_%28PSF%29.png

Ronan

I've played the game for about a week, and I feel as though the Winchester 1887 and grenade launcher are the only things that need to be balanced.

For the 1887, they should significantly reduce the range of the rifles, but the damage should be kept at the same rate. Also, seeing as they are antique rifles, shouldn't the accuracy be halved?

I find the grenade launcher frustrating because it gives the user no handicap. Sure, there is little ammo, but what's stopping them when they have the Scavenger perk? Reducing the speed of a player with the Grenade Launcher attachment or reducing the gun's accuracy would make the game more balanced, in my opinion.

$0.02

Motorcharge

For the 1887, they should significantly reduce the range of the rifles, but the damage should be kept at the same rate. Also, seeing as they are antique rifles, shouldn't the accuracy be halved?

They're shotguns, not rifles and the ones in game are reproduction 1887s that are very popular and still used today, not black powder originals. They're just as accurate as any other 12ga shotgun is.

Ronan

They're shotguns, not rifles and the ones in game are reproduction 1887s that are very popular and still used today, not black powder originals. They're just as accurate as any other 12ga shotgun is.

Meh, I meant shotguns, I'm just not using the correct terms.

Yes, they're just us accurate as a 12 gauge shotgun... Short-range.

Motorcharge

Meh, I meant shotguns, I'm just not using the correct terms.

Yes, they're just us accurate as a 12 gauge shotgun... Short-range.

Read through the whole thread :rolleyes:
If you think a 12ga wont kill you at the range 1887s do in game go try it with a real one.

Droogie

muuuuuuuuch better. :D

they've been balanced, and seem to have the same range as all of the other shotguns now.