Windows 10

Geoff

VIP Member
Let the discussion of Windows 10 begin!

What are some of the features you're looking forward to most?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be honest,I'm not sure what to expect from windows 9 let alone 10..I hope they listen more to what people actually want,I feel they completely ignored a lot of their customers with windows 8/8.1 that wanted the real start menu back from windows 7.

It will be interesting to see what future Direct X brings,..but im more looking forward to Gaming on Linux progression more than anything.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Interesting that they'd skip 9 and go right to 10.

Until you think about the fact that they went 1, 2, 3, NT, 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8 (that order might not be perfect)

It makes sense that they just straight up don't know how to count. I'm still waiting for Windows Batman Symbol.

I heard that this will be the last version of windows and that they will just do patches and updates from then on. Sounds more like how mobiles and even macs handle it if it is true.

I am looking forward to it. I would assume the learned from windows 8 and will put together something nice with 10.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I heard that this will be the last version of windows and that they will just do patches and updates from then on. Sounds more like how mobiles and even macs handle it if it is true.

Yes, that would be nice. I think we are in the computer age that they can bring out a decent OS and just continue to update it. If Windows 10 can prove that we can have the best of both worlds (decent start menu and metro) then I'm all for it. There is no need to bring out a new OS every 2-3 years. Not sure how Microsoft would continue to make money though. I did hear that they were gonna do something with the OS to get additional options, consumers would have to pay for it.

Yes, that would be nice. I think we are in the computer age that they can bring out a decent OS and just continue to update it. If Windows 10 can prove that we can have the best of both worlds (decent start menu and metro) then I'm all for it. There is no need to bring out a new OS every 2-3 years. Not sure how Microsoft would continue to make money though. I did hear that they were gonna do something with the OS to get additional options, consumers would have to pay for it.

I could see the updates being sold at cost. I recall apple charging around $20 for their major updates. Mavericks was the first free version. Also, if they get the app store integrated across all platforms they might see better sales on apps, music, etc.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I'm just installing it as a VM for now. I can install it on my spare SSD in my Latitude later.