Windows 7 failed to start error message

gamblingman

VIP Member
Could just be a bad battery. Its a few dollars to replace, couldnt hurt to replace it and rule out as a problem. make sure when (if) you replace it that there isnt any corrosion on the battery contacts in case of a leaking battery.

caboose73

Could just be a bad battery. Its a few dollars to replace, couldnt hurt to replace it and rule out as a problem. make sure when (if) you replace it that there isnt any corrosion on the battery contacts in case of a leaking battery.

Ok will do if that doesnt fix the problem do i have to get another mother board?

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
It could be dying, not very common though with it being so new.

Hey maybe future CMOS batteries will be like this in the future.6 months maximum hahahahahaha!I guess they started saving on CMOS batteries now too lol.
Nah I am just kidding lol.

caboose73 the CMOS is the small lithium battery of 3 volts (usually) located on the computer's motherboard.CMOS by the way means "
complementary metal oxide semiconductor" and that battery looks like this (in normal desktop computers like yours):
CR2032.jpg

And this is how the CMOS battery looks like when it's on the motherboard:
CMOS-Battery-2.jpg

Your motherboard probably looks different than the one on this picture above,but don't worry.CMOS battery looks always the same on all type of motherboards.
http://repairpcguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/cmos-battery-on-mb1.jpg-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes (very very very rarely) BIOS can get messed up and report that the CMOS battery is bad even if it's not bad.So before you buy the new one,try this:

-unplug ALL cables from the computer...
-click the power button few times to release all left power...
-pull that CMOS battery out and click the power button few times again...
-wait for 10 minutes at least...
-return back the CMOS battery...
-plug all the cables back to the computer...
-turn on the computer...
-you might (hopefuly) get the BIOS error (not related to CMOS) that the settings are not adjusted or something similar to that.You might also get an error that says something like:"BIOS CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR!"
But don't worry about that since it is not related to "bad" CMOS battery.Error usually looks like this (look at the bottom of the picture.It says:"CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded"):
cmos-checksum-error_00074916.jpg

So go into BIOS and LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS and then SAVE THE SETTINGS...
-computer will restart...
-after the computer has restarted,go into BIOS again and put your CD/DVD-ROM disk drive to be the first device to boot from and your hard disk drive (HDD) to be the second device to boot from...
-SAVE THE BIOS SETTINGS...
-computer will restart...

Now you are ready to make a clean installation of the Microsoft Windows 7 computer operating system.

NOTE: Be sure that you delete ALL the partitions on that HDD before performing the installation process of the Microsoft Windows 7 computer operating system!Here is how the section with the partitions looks like:
Windows7-2008-11-04-14-55-10.jpg

Cheers folks!

caboose73

Sorry it took so long to reply been busy at work so i havnt had a chance to mess around with the computer.Just finished deleting the partitions and reinstalling windows and everything seems to be working fine :D but ill keep you guys posted if anything acts up.I cant thank you guys enough for the help.

caboose73

No i didnt. I did what S.T.A.R.S told me to do then reinstalled windows so far no problems. Should i replace it anyways?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Thats the way its supposed to be. Windows recognizes 1 mb is 1024 bytes as compared to hard drive manufacturers recognize it as 1000 bytes. So thats why you lose space on every drive.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Thats the way its supposed to be. Windows recognizes 1 mb is 1024 bytes as compared to hard drive manufacturers recognize it as 1000 bytes. So thats why you lose space on every drive.

I always hated that lol.You buy HDD of 500 GB and you get 465 GB lol xD.That is a rip of!!AAAAAA xD xD xD

caboose73

Ya i was kinda disappointed another question i just bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992006 i already set everything up and now i need to find out what to set the Hi temp alarms. Is there any website or could you guys tell me a ball park temp that i should set the alarms for? These are the sensors i have set up right now.
MB-MSI MS-7589
CPU-Intel I5
VC-Radeon HD 5700

Also while playing DOW2 if i have the video settings set to ultra it lags a little during the cut scene to a battle what can i do to make it run smooth?add more ram or another video car and set them up with cross fire? or is it more then that? This is my system right now
CASE- ANTEC|THREE HUNDRED ILLUSION
MB- MSI P55-GD55 P55 1156
CPU- INTEL|CORE I5 750 2.66G
PSU- ANTEC|EA750 750W
VIDEO CARD- Radeon HD 5770
MEM- 2Gx2 | MUSHKIN 996782
DVD Burner- LITE-ON | IHAS-324-98
CPU COOLER - PROLIMA| MEGAHALEMS REV
WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

Last edited:

caboose73

Not sure what you mean by see post 26 i already fixed the problems i was having by reinstalling windows and the computer runs great so far. I also have speed fan program which tells me my temps are fine i just need to know what the high temps are so i can program the hi temp alarms in to this thing that i just hooked up http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992006&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4169961&SID=17b4ig9c52hu6

Okedokey

Back when XP took many hours to install, it was worth trying to salvage installations, however in today's age where win 7 takes little over 30 minutes to install with software, its really not worth it. Also, you can never really be sure you have fixed anything completely. So my advice is, if you have a virus and can still get into windows, back up your files, resinstall windows, scan your files for viruses to be sure and be done with it.

80oC would be the high temp limit in my view, but you could set it to 70 if you don't plan on OCing. Why did you get the LGA1136? Thats a dead socket.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Some BIOSES have alarm temperature capability built in.Maybe your has one too so you can use that.Also some BIOSES have a capability called SHUTDOWN TEMPERATURE.I set mine to the maximum which is 75 degreese celsius.

Note that this is for the processor.Graphic cards usually do not need this unless if they are overheating like crazy lol