Windows 7 May

bengal85

GreaT a new OS from microsft it will be faulty early and then over about a 2 year span it will slowly become better

gamerman4

GreaT a new OS from microsft it will be faulty early and then over about a 2 year span it will slowly become better

If you haven't noticed the OS has been in Beta for quite some time so the kinks are worked out. They released the new Beta in January of this year. The old beta was released January of 2007 with the codename Vista. :p

Bodaggit23

If you haven't noticed the OS has been in Beta for quite some time so the kinks are worked out. They released the new Beta in January of this year. The old beta was released January of 2007 with the codename Vista. :p
Rofl. How true. It's still version 6.

Ambushed

I'm looking forward to it! I need to get a new motherboard as I found out pouring beer on it doesn't help. :(

bomberboysk

RC means release candidate i hope ya'll know, but i think they are supposed to release the RC on may 5th to the general public, earlier to msdn subscribers...

Candy

If this is true it will be awesome. I wasn't expecting it so soon.
I'll be doing a fresh install I think.

Andy-

Looks promising, I just hope it doesn't have as much bugs as Vista did.
Is it just me or does Windows 7 look a little like Mac?

Bodaggit23

Looks promising, I just hope it doesn't have as much bugs as Vista did.
Is it just me or does Windows 7 look a little like Mac?

It's nothing like that. It's basically a revised edition of Vista, but it's lighter
than anything. You can run it on Netbooks with 1.6Ghz Atom CPU's if that
tells you anything.

I've been using it since before the public Beta and it works perfectly.

Andy-

Yes, I do know that, but the light and transparent taskbar just give me the impression of using Mac.

Anyway, I might be getting Windows 7 in a couple of weeks, based on the reviews, should do just fine.

bengal85

Yeah true I forgot about that I may look into it but not right now

Gareth

Im looking forwards to Windows 7, the only feature id optimally like, is a deafult taskbar stretch on monitors, rather than paying for apps such as Ultramon...