Windows 7 on Atom N280

kc-atl

I Love 7! Best OS to date. except for Windows ME!! We all know how great that one was!! I saw more blue screens than i thought was posible..

G25r8cer

There's no way that computer runs Aero.

Screenshots...

Why do you think it wouldnt run Win7? It has the same requirements as Xp. Aero is another factor but, some netbooks for sale have Vista/Win7 pre-installed. And I dont think they would install Vista/Win7 w/o the ability to run Aero.

kc-atl

Great Little Guy

Hey, i was suprised as anything when i installed windows 7 and areo was set up on defult. i cut it off to see if there was a preformance increase but i could not tell. so i turned it back on...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Not sure if I should bump or make a new thread, but I found this interesting... Acer's latest Aspire 250 comes loaded with Windows 7 Starter. Specs remain the same (N270, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD). Darn thing didn't even have Aero (lacking in Starter addition I guess?)

vieya

it might be the driver if you can't run aero. I'm not sure but it might need a update to your driver. you might have to download the latest update for your graphics card. I'm no expert so I don't know. Did you install it on top of your previous OS or did you format and install or something?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
My buddy ran it on his Mini 9 and it worked fine.

As stated, no Aero.

I ran it on my Lenovo S10 netbook with 1.5Gb of ram,exept mine had an N270 processor which isnt as good as the N280 and it ran great....as for Aero,Force it!

Laquer Head

I just put win7 on the acer one today!! works awesome..

aero off! wont even run aero so yeh..but speeds up the little bugger@