Windows 7 Windows 7 Problem

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by AvengerShows, Aug 28, 2018.

1. AvengerShows

AvengerShows Member

So I've been using my OEM for 2 years and it has sometimes went ungenuine , i used the slmgr -rearm command and it fixed it. But this time it doesn't work , it says to restart the PC for the effects to take but when I do everything stays the same. I do not have the Product Key and cannot type some letters in the Windows Activate

2. Jiniix

Jiniix Well-Known Member

"slmgr -rearm" doesn't re-activate your PC, it resets the trial counter. So it's probably never been genuine, or you've removed the activation somehow, and you've kept re-initiating the trial period (30 days).
    You can only do this three times on an installation, which is why it doesn't work anymore.

3. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

If you've got a proof of purchase of the original key, call Microsoft and they can probably get you going.

4. AvengerShows

AvengerShows Member

It's an OEM , so it's impposible for me to get proof that it's an original copy of it.

5. Darren

You might need to elaborate? Did you buy Windows as a disk and receive a product key or was it already on the machine with a sticker?

6. AvengerShows

AvengerShows Member

No, the person whom i've bought it from downgraded it from visita to xp then upgraded it to 7 ultimate so nothing :(

7. Darren

Lol that's definitely not OEM, he just cracked 7 Ultimate. If it came with Vista or XP then it never had a legit Win7 product key. If it did then it would be on the machine, does it have any license sticker on it?

8. AvengerShows

AvengerShows Member

Ok what am I supposed to do now :/ I cannot buy a new OS but I need Windows and the black wallpaper annoys me (Non genuine PC's slow down faster than genuine ones from what I know)

yes it does have a license sticker on it

for visita :/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2018
  9. Darren

Unfortunately nothing you can do except buy a new license, although at that point might as well just get a new machine, it's not worth the money if it came with Vista. I'd just use it as is until you can afford a new machine.

10. AvengerShows

AvengerShows Member

So years, school is starting and I Need books and equipment which is very expensive in my country :(. I don't think i'll be able to afford a new machine

11. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

If you want an actual legit OS then you'll have to reinstall vista using the key on the bottom of the laptop. However, Vista isn't supported anymore. I agree that you should just buy a new one or used one somewhere.

12. AvengerShows

AvengerShows Member

It's a desktop ...

13. Darren

Then it's on the case. Either way same story. :(

14. Trizoy

Trizoy VIP Member

Is Linux an option? It's way different than Windows, but similar enough to get you by..

Darren likes this.
  15. Jiniix

Jiniix Well-Known Member

Your computer doesn't slow down when it's non-genuine. You just lose a few features, like a background, and the ability to run Windows Update.

16. _Pete_

_Pete_ Active Member

Your computer slows down when it is so old it used to have Vista on it. If you cannot afford a new one or a decent second hand one than that is the end of the story.

17. Jiniix

Jiniix Well-Known Member

If it's just for school/office applications, simply getting a 30-50$ SSD will significantly speed up any old PC, even if it came with Vista at the time.

18. AvengerShows

AvengerShows Member

No , if i install linux i'll loose the ability to get applications since it automaticly installs the 32x bit version (most linux programs dont support a 32 bit version) and I need other applications that work only on Windows

I cannot upgrade the PC to a SSD because
    1st. No second slot in my current PC
    2nd. My pc is a small form factor
    3rd. I don't know how to upgrade it
    4th. parents wouldn't never get a SSD
    5th. I'd still need to buy windows which I can't

19. AvengerShows

AvengerShows Member

oh in my country Windows 7 CD's are 5-12 dollars OOF

20. Darren

The CD is just the media. You need a license/product key that works, which I doubt those have.