• Yes: Im upgrading from Linux > Windows 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes: Im upgrading from 'Other' > Windows 7

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No. I will not be upgrading.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I will be upgrading in the future.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • I am happy with my OS, Why should i upgrade?

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

7angofragger

not really upgrading, but as soon as TRIM support comes out for SSD's imma order my SSD and format to Win 7 HP (home premium)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im already running 7..and happy so far!

Been running it since the RC was made available,as my primary os....that was already better than Vista.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I never run release OSes from anyone ever really. I also don't think it is worth what they are charging for their upgrades. I will have to talk to my MS rep to see if I can get a free or cheap copy. Otherwise I am not all hyped up to upgrade.

FairDoos

I never run release OSes from anyone ever really. I also don't think it is worth what they are charging for their upgrades. I will have to talk to my MS rep to see if I can get a free or cheap copy. Otherwise I am not all hyped up to upgrade.

Fair doos let me know what he says im intreagued ;D (If thats how you spell it?)

kc-atl

Trying to do a Clean Install!

I wish MS made Windows 7 a lot eaiser to do a clean install from the upgrade dvd. :eek:

Glliw

I'm running on XP pro 32bit right now, and have entertained the thought of going up to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit since its only a $30 upgrade because of my university I attend. I figure, what the hell, might as well get some new bells and whistles! I just dread the whole reinstalling/transferring data back over to it once its all said and done.

Laquer Head

I'm installing Windows 7 Professional 64 right now on my laptops.

Technically I'm doing an upgrade--From The Win7 RC ultimate to Full Version of Win7 Pro! I love my friends with computer stores and free licenses!!

Machin3

Quick Question: What do I need to have in order to upgrade to Windows 7. Meaning, do I need to have serial keys and all that?

bomberboysk

Quick Question: What do I need to have in order to upgrade to Windows 7. Meaning, do I need to have serial keys and all that?
A copy of windows 7... upgrade can be installed without existing version of vista from what ive heard. Cant confirm or deny it though since i really dont know.

Machin3

Dang, because I have a little issue with genuine software (won't go into that + it wasn't my fault :D) and I don't know what to do. I dont want to pay for a full version.

Laquer Head

A copy of windows 7... upgrade can be installed without existing version of vista from what ive heard. Cant confirm or deny it though since i really dont know.

I was able to put Full Win7 Ultimate DVD onto a machine with Win7 RC. (Ultimate) and chose the upgrade option--it 'upgraded' and kept everything.

I had been under the impression this was not doable--yet it worked!!

So I was excited!,,maybe I was wrong and this is just normal..either way that kicked ass!

For shits and giggles I tried to do 'upgrade' option with Pro version DVD and it required full reformat!!. (told me I couldn't upgrade Ultimate (RC) to Full dvd (Professional)..all copies were/are 64-bit)