• Yes: Im upgrading from Linux > Windows 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes: Im upgrading from 'Other' > Windows 7

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No. I will not be upgrading.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I will be upgrading in the future.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • I am happy with my OS, Why should i upgrade?

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Technically, you won't be able to upgrade from "inside" the RC, but you can definitely upgrade from it.

With my upgrade disk, I just installed 7 x64 within (inside) my RC without any issues. Booted into the RC, inserted the disk, and upgraded that partition, despite the fact that I got a message to reactivate the RC and my install was not genuine. Got the black desktop and all. lol. No problems. :)

Bodaggit23

Nice. And they said you weren't going to be able to do that.

Well, they also said you needed an activated copy of Windows
to install from the Upgrade media too. :D

Gareth

Upgraded from Vista Home Premium to 7 Professional x64. Could not be any happier, absolutely FANTASTIC operating system =)

Feuerfrei.x

Im going to wait. Ive had mixxed reviews. I asked the iT techincians at my school if it was good or not - one said it was rubbish one said it was good so im confused now:confused::confused::confused::confused:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. And they said you weren't going to be able to do that.

Well, they also said you needed an activated copy of Windows
to install from the Upgrade media too. :D

Yeah, I wasn't sure it would work out, but I had it up and running within 15 minutes.

Enjoi

banned
I am dual booting Vista and Windows 7 RC at the moment. I have played with 7, and like it, but don't want to make the full switch until it has been out for awhile. I am one of those people that has never had a single complaint about Vista, so I am in no hurry to leave it.

Bodaggit23

I am dual booting Vista and Windows 7 RC at the moment. I have played with 7, and like it, but don't want to make the full switch until it has been out for awhile. I am one of those people that has never had a single complaint about Vista, so I am in no hurry to leave it.

+1 :good:

typhoonblue

win 7 just a optimize version of VISTA for user, if you used to XP that no need to upgrade your OS, maybe win 8 is a great changed, but if your machine is great and you want to reach good performace then upgrade win 7 64bit is better, I donot recommend use 32bit if upgrade win 7

1up5dn

Here is a very helpful link for those of you (like me) that are running the RC and want to upgrade to premium, etc.

Link

Hope this helps.