Votes: 28 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Calibretto

VIP Member
I like the name Windows 7. I think it will be better than Vista by far. Once they get the bugs worked out, it'll be more efficient than Vista.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Um..Ok.....what does XP have to do with this conversation?

It shows how MS can royally screw up a product and push it out just to make money, and then back scale everything to another product to then really force people to upgrade.

It goes with the conversation, this is about Microsoft after all.

Calibretto

VIP Member
In my opinion, XP is amazing. They should've based Vista off of XP like they thought of doing in the first place.

I think Vista is a lot like Windows ME. It was useless, it disappeared quickly, and no one really knows why Microsoft came out with it.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
In my opinion, XP is amazing. They should've based Vista off of XP like they thought of doing in the first place.

I think Vista is a lot like Windows ME. It was useless, it disappeared quickly, and no one really knows why Microsoft came out with it.

I think the biggest problem with Vista is that MS pushed so hard for backwards compatibility on legacy software that their dev team had to sacrifice features that were promised in Vista (EFI and ZFS for sure), and of course left the software bloat that is a bi-product of backwards compatibility.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
I really want them to make a Unix or Linux based version of Windows.
Dream on...

Oh BTW, the NT kernel is, AFAIK, somwhat unix based, the problem is that all accounts are given root privileges, hence it's so much less secure.

KevinKevin

So when Windows 7 is released Vista's kinda pushed out the way. I think it's stupid bringing another one out so fast although compatibility problems has been Microsoft's con and weakness so they probably do need to prove themselves. But who in the universe thinks they'll actually do that :rolleyes: Probably be another disaster again. But when I say the compatibility problems, it isn't soo bad. I've had Vista for months now and I can still play my old games with no problem. I've never exactly had any problems so my opinion would be that they're bringing a new one out too fast. And I don't like the name "Windows 7". Shows their choice of name is bland and boring. Sorry. I would prefer a proper name for it. I love "Vista". Windows 7 reminds me of Internet Explorer 7. Grr...