Windows 8 opinions

DMGrier

VIP Member
Windows 7 is better in my Opinion, Windows 8 will not last, Since Microsoft has already begin working on windows 9...

Guess what, when Windows 9 is released they will start working on Windows 10. Microsoft has announced that they will be releasing a new Windows about every two years. I would expect to see Windows 9 very soon only for the fact that the fourth quarter manufactures reported a loss of 23% in computer sales which due to the holidays it usually is there most profitable.

Of course tablet sales are up something like 50% since last year so more then likely that is where a large portion of pc sales went.

Last edited:

Life

banned
I hate windows 8. the worst op they ever came up with. I would rather use win 98, over windows 8. I HATE IT! that is my opinion.

Life

banned
On what is that based? On your taste? If so, it's not the worst OS it's the one you hate the most, two different meaning. Win8 is by far better than Vista, but yeah no that better than Win7.

I tried it out. It has no start button, all it is, is basically a gigantic media player. It is slow, it tends to freeze often, looks horrible. That is what it is based on.

Punk

Staff member
Win8 was made for toucn screens but there are start button fixes. I don't know why you say it is slow and freezes, probably coming from the specs you used it on because it is at least as fast as Win7. My GF has it on her laptop and it is as good as the win7 on my desktop.
You're entitled to your opinion but it is not the worst OS Windows has made and that's a fact.

Life

banned
Win8 was made for toucn screens but there are start button fixes. I don't know why you say it is slow and freezes, probably coming from the specs you used it on because it is at least as fast as Win7. My GF has it on her laptop and it is as good as the win7 on my desktop.
You're entitled to your opinion but it is not the worst OS Windows has made and that's a fact.

I HATE IT. I will never waist a penny on it.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Tried it a few times. Always end up putting 7 back on. Its ok with a few get on my nerves things. Biggest beef is, you shoud be able to pick from a metro or a standard desktop on install.

Punk

Staff member
I HATE IT. I will never waist a penny on it.

That's entirely up to you it's your opinion. But saying it is slow and freezes isn't an opinion and that's what I was questionning. Oh you don't have to shout, I won't agree more with you...

Back on topic I've heard tons of positive review from members on CF and most of the negative ones were because of the UI.

Life

banned
That's entirely up to you it's your opinion. But saying it is slow and freezes isn't an opinion and that's what I was questionning. Oh you don't have to shout, I won't agree more with you...

Back on topic I've heard tons of positive review from members on CF and most of the negative ones were because of the UI.

LOl, I wasn't shouting, It was just an expression. And the pc I used it on had 8 gb ddr2 ram, 150 gb hdd, and a quad core processor. so I don't think it was a matter of not good enough system;)

Punk

Staff member
LOl, I wasn't shouting, It was just an expression. And the pc I used it on had 8 gb ddr2 ram, 150 gb hdd, and a quad core processor. so I don't think it was a matter of not good enough system;)
It is not slow on my GF's laptop and I've never heard anyone else say that Win8 was slow on CF or when talking to my friends. People here actually say the contrary... See my logic?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Had it on 2 or 3 different systems. Didnt really notice it was faster or slower, seemed about the same to me. Even boot up time.

Life

banned
It is not slow on my GF's laptop and I've never heard anyone else say that Win8 was slow on CF or when talking to my friends. People here actually say the contrary... See my logic?

oh i see your logic, but I'm saying windows 8 is crap from my experience.

Laquer Head

The impression I get, is that Windows 8 is really meant for a tablet or touchscreen netbook/laptop.

With mouse/keyboard it doesnt seem quite right..

I'm happy with win7 pro and I wont be switching over till a new Windows is out that I see a personal benefit from..

It does look cool though--and thats going against everything I've previously said..LOL

speedyink

VIP Member
Had it on 2 or 3 different systems. Didnt really notice it was faster or slower, seemed about the same to me. Even boot up time.

I'm assuming you have a BIOS then, not a UEFI. The Windows 8 feature for super fast boot up requires a UEFI mobo.

I just bought a new desktop which has a UEFI mobo. To put it into perspective, today I turned on my Win 7 laptop and walked away. I come back, It's now at the user account login screen. I then press the power button on my desktop, then hit enter on the laptop. They both ended up ready to use at the same time. I haven't timed it, but I think about 10 seconds from button push to fully booted. Usually anyway.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
Nothing wrong with my computer. Good grief.

Ok last answer on this...

You are the only one of about twenty people that I've heard had problems with Win8 and its performance (not the UI). So go ahead, tell me that your computer is perfectly fine but I guess you had either a driver issue or a faulty hardware problem. And it seems that you posted on another thread that your computer was being "fixed"?

Anyway like I said, I won't answer on that question anymore.

NyxCharon

I then press the power button on my desktop, then hit enter on the laptop. They both ended up ready to use at the same time. I haven't timed it, but I think about 10 seconds from button push to fully booted. Usually anyway.

Hate to be that guy, but Linux has been doing that for years. :p