Windows 8: Who's Getting It

Are you upgrading to Windows 8?

• Yes, I'll upgrade.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No, I don't want to.

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters

CrayonMuncher

I'll get Windows 8 just so I can figure out how it works and get used to it.

This is prob the only reason I would get it, just to understand it, I like win 7 more so far but wouldn't want to not get to grips with win 8 as you wouldn't want to be left behind if it became real popular, which I never thought would be too likely until I found out a few business' who are already trial running the os beta/preview to see how it suites professional environments.

So I Will stay vote no.

lucasbytegenius

Most likely going to swap HDs and install Windows 8 on a spare as soon as it's officially out to see if I can live with it. There's some things I really like about it.

Okedokey

Its already out officially. I have it installed, its fine, but nothing that the user will notice over Win 7. I find the interface frankly annoying and cumbersome.

lucasbytegenius

Its already out officially. I have it installed, its fine, but nothing that the user will notice over Win 7. I find the interface frankly annoying and cumbersome.

That's just the release preview, they're still working on it, though yeah I agree about the interface. The official release date is the 26th of this month.

Nope, don't like it... I will stay with Windows 7...
I'm inclined to agree with you but I must know if you've used it - and if you have, which beta?

I've been testing it out since the first dev preview.

NyxCharon

That's just the release preview, they're still working on it, though yeah I agree about the interface. The official release date is the 26th of this month.

That might be the release preview, but the official release has been up for a week or so with people that have access to MSDNAA/Dreamspark.

Okedokey

I'm inclined to agree with you but I must know if you've used it - and if you have, which beta?

I've been testing it out since the first dev preview.

95% finished I would suggest.