Windows Media Player 11

Bobo

banned
It's out! I have been using it for 2 days now, and I really love it, and I think that you will too.

You can get it here. (I know that it is a direct link, but I guarantee you that there is no virus or spyware. As soon as I find a website, I will post it.)

WeatherMan

and why the hells it a rar file:confused: , if it was official it would be an exe or zip surely! AND would be on MS's site.

Filip

Oh man, I can't use it becouse I don't have service pack 2, I like my Windows plain without updates and service packs, dang

Rambo

I'm using it too... It's certainly a noticable improvement from WMP10, but it isn't as good as iTunes yet. They need to work on the usability of it. I like the idea they have got with the Album Art, but it isn't enough yet.

However, with that said, it is still beta, so we can't exactly expect miracles :D

@ Apokarteron: It will become a public beta on the 19th... This version is leaked.

@ Bootup05: It is a rar file becuase it has many files, rather than just one simple exe (well, the download I got had lots of files). Otherwise you'd have to spend your time downloading each individual file. Think of the .rar file as a suitcase to carry all your clothes in. Also, it gets compressed too, which is good for everyone.

:)

Bobo

banned
[-0MEGA-] said:
Use the search function Bobo :p

http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=45333

And the file i had was just one .exe, just like WMP10 was.
Sorry about that...I did search but I guess I just missed it. :(

Is it a beta, or has the release version leaked? OR IS IT A PHISH?
Yep, it's leaked(I got it off another forum)

and why the hells it a rar file:confused: , if it was official it would be an exe or zip surely! AND would be on MS's site.
Cause that's how they wanted it. :cool:

Geoff

VIP Member
Bobo said:
Are you a member there?

Where did you get it? Google didn't give me anything.
It has the letters XT in it, and it's a forum. Dont tell me that you never saw me there, i have almost 300 posts!

It actually was a .rar, but inside the .rar was a .exe file.

Bobo

banned
[-0MEGA-] said:
It has the letters XT in it, and it's a forum. Dont tell me that you never saw me there, i have almost 300 posts!

It actually was a .rar, but inside the .rar was a .exe file.

Wow......:eek: I am seriously blind. I was trying to think if you were g-mon, or kyle....or something else, but :eek: oh I don't even know. It hasn't been active over there in a while....my mind is just leaving me :D

Anyway, back on topic now

tweaker

VIP Member
bigsaucybob said:
to be totally noobtacular, how do i get it from the .rar file?
Simpl[SIZE=-1]y decompress the rar archive.

http://www.rarlab.com/

[/SIZE]
filip-matijevic said:
Oh man, I can't use it becouse I don't have service pack 2, I like my Windows plain without updates and service packs
SP2 I can understand but surely you'll want the critical updates installed, or your environment won't be very safe.

Last edited:

bigdogz4u2

Here is the OFFICIAL link from Microsoft for WMP11.... Its an .exe file..:D

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

Now my experience with WMP11,, its very impresive.. the only problem I saw was that when I'm playing XVID, MPEG video files.. I see a glitch on the screen while the video is playing. Its not playing the video "CONSTANT Bit rate" quality..
But again its the "BETA" version.. and you won't expect it to be perfect..

Overall I'm very pleased with the performance and looks... Nice release.. Now waitng for IE7...:)

Last edited:

Rip_Uk

The official microsoft site says:

Windows Media Player Download

Setup detected that you are running: Windows 2003 Server

There is no download available for this operating system. To get Windows Media Player 10, please go to Windows Update and install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later.

lol.