Wireless keyboard or wired

Do you have a wireless keyboard/mouse or wired?

• Wireless

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Wired

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters

Vigor

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and sometimes when I type it misses some keys.
Like if I type Where is the dog?
It would be Whre is th dog?

It is a Logitech one.
Just want to know what you guys would prefer?

Bobo

banned
I have a wired keyboard and a wireless mouse, and i have had no problems with the wireless mouse at all, as long as I don't let the monitor get in between the receiver and the mouse.

Vigor said:
I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and sometimes when I type it misses some keys.
Like if I type Where is the dog?
It would be Whre is th dog?

It is a Logitech one.
Just want to know what you guys would prefer?

That happens to me (the typing thing) sometimes when my batteries are running low.

PC eye

banned
Batteries, batteries, batteries, but not here with a corded model. The wireless can be handy at times for kicking back at the couch if you have a cable connection. But keeping a corded model nearby can bail you out when you don't a new set to throw on a moment's notice. Time to run to the store..

Filip

I prefer non wireless/cordless mice and keyboards, I'm not like 3 meters away from my computer, when time comes, maybe I'll try wireless set ups, but for now, wires all the way.

PC eye

banned
I hear about more issues with some of the wireless models out due to not being to boot up or some other thing like having something interfering that I'll wait a few years to see what improvements they make before trying to rely on this or that model mouse, keyboard, or combination iof both.

smithy23

I run a wireless mouse and wired keyboard for that reason. I found the keyboard to be a bit crappy and couldnt afford to always have to check what i was writing for missing letters. Plus i never sit away from my pc and use it, always at my desk, so the wire doesnt get in the way at all. Guess its just person choice, hey, but i find having a wireless mouse heaps better.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I have a wired keyboard and wireless mouse as well. Sometimes I like being away from the computer (on my bed) and use the mouse as a remote. Otherwise, the keyboard is always right there at the computer, and as others said, I don't have time to check for missing letters when I am writing things.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I never had a problem with my wireless keyboard. I sold it though, because I didn't care for the mouse that much(combo, of course)

I guess all in all, for me, a wired keyboard is fine. Less chance for errors(though I never got them) don't have to worry about batteries, and I rarely would take the keyboard farther than my current one's wire would go.

I mainly use a wireless keyboard because i can easily move it out of the way. I can put it up on my desk to make room for something like a textbook on my keyboard drawer. or, i can put it in the basement :).

Like other people have said, it's a personal preference.

SAAER45

Go with wired, unless you like having the keyboard on your lap or something, I don't really see an inconvience in wired (mouse is a different story...)

JamesBart

Wired!

thats whay i got, i used to have a wireless mouse but it somtimes had a mind of its own so back to the wired!!! keep it old skool!:D

PC eye

banned
Often enough you will go by for the longest time without issues being seen with missing letters or characters in text. Someone known here has to lie back from the desk due to being partially crippled due to a back injury on a heating pad at times where a wireless is favored. But for sitting right there as well as testing a new system you still need reliability.

Christian Darrall

when a key stroke is missed out by a wireless keyboard, its usually because you type to fast, keyboard is at maxium range, batterys running out or the reciever is covered or not a clear path to the keyboard. make sure no glass is in the way as it screws up the path and make the keyboard not work.

all possibilitys, try them

wired, as they are more reliable and less demanding on physical patience

PC eye

banned
Christian Darrall said:
when a key stroke is missed out by a wireless keyboard, its usually because you type to fast, keyboard is at maxium range, batterys running out or the reciever is covered or not a clear path to the keyboard. make sure no glass is in the way as it screws up the path and make the keyboard not work.

all possibilitys, try them

wired, as they are more reliable and less demanding on physical patience

That would be a common list of things to look for while some see these types of problems, depending on make, model, and use, while being close to the receiver, strong batteries, and no obstructions. While most will work fine in the proximity of where the system is the guarantee is no interference from even another signal source still isn't there yet. "Breaker 19 there's a....! aww crap there's goes my journal!".

Jet

VIP Member
Wireless all the way. My Microsoft key/mouse combo (6000, w/ laser) has worked well for me and has a range of around 10 feet.

PC eye

banned
Great then. I prefer the MS corded even over Logitech(a great brand there too) along with others. A lot of it has to do with design of the transmitters/receivers where the problems come up.

Christian Darrall

definatly wired keb and mou are alot less trouble some but some people who have not alot of workspace like to move the keyboard out the way without wires stopping them

PC eye

banned
There's nothing wrong with the idea of cordless by any means. It's just that the technology can see problems at times. They are great to have for handicapped persons with limited mobility that can't sit up or even stand for long periods of time. But a good model corded keyboard at least should be kept onhand for servicing if any problems hardware, software, OS come up.