Wireless router dissconecting constantly

vtorres

Not sure what you mean mate but the problem is from the router the wireless goes as well as wired connections if connected to the router.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Not sure what you mean mate but the problem is from the router the wireless goes as well as wired connections if connected to the router.

OK, let us just start over, this thread has confused me a lot....

So you have a Modem, plugged into your cable/dsl line and then that modem goes into your router? At random times of the day your internet, be it wired or wireless, goes out for your whole home network?

You have called your ISP and they have checked it on their end?

vtorres

Well the router is a modem/router details here http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=197322 The wireless disconnects from the internet as well as wired connections connected to the router this occurs every 45mins ot so and i have rang the isp and they are not at fault. To make sure they are not at fault i used the BT modem using a wired connection via Ethernet cable to my laptop for a week and the connection didn't drop. Sorry for confusing you i should of been more clearer.

tlarkin

VIP Member
well if the routers were swapped and the problem went away I think it is a no brainer. I see you updated the firmware and reset it, so I think that you need to replace that router. I would make sure your ISP is compatible with that router (which it should be - but hey sometimes you never know) and then look at replacing it.