Wireless Router G or B?

Geoff

VIP Member
Most brands should work fine together, but there is a chance that they wont work if you get off-brand names.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
As long as you get either a Netgear, D-Link or Linksys, you'll be fine; stay away from Belkin. Oh, and G has a faster speed and greater range then B. (and super G is better than G, etc., etc...)

DSM1999

ok i just bought a G router like u guys said i got the D-link AIRPLUS G router. all i need is a card that works with a laptop.

SHOULD I BUY THE SAME BRAND or CAN IT BE A DIFFERENT ONE?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Any one of the previously mentioned three brands will be fine. They shouldn't have any compatability problems between them...

DSM1999

ok i guess ill go with the same brand (D-Link) .

Oh another question should i get PC Card or USB? what interface is good and easy to install without probs

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Whatever you do, don't get USB. The range and connection speed of those things SUCK! The PCMCIA card will take a little more time and effort to install, but you will get much better results out of it.

DSM1999

does this help?

Up to 108Mbps
• Works with 802.11b Devices
• Great for Video Streaming
• 802.11g, 802.11b Compatible

Geoff

VIP Member
Yes it does, and it looks good. I think that its much better to get a B/G card than a G card since there are still alot of networks out there that only use 802.11b.

Cbeck527

dciscouts said:
Any one of the previously mentioned three brands will be fine. They shouldn't have any compatability problems between them...
I agree. In my house we have several different wireless brands and all of them are compatible

Super_Nova

Our neighbor across the street has a Linksys wireless G router. I have a Linksys USB Wireless G network adapter. WUSB54G Version 4. Not only does it connect from across the street it gets full speed on the internet. Right now I'm connected at 24mb/s which is plenty for the internet. And on a good day I can get the full 54mb/s.
My friend is very nice to share his internet with me :D