Wireless Router G or B?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Super_Nova said:
Our neighbor across the street has a Linksys wireless G router. I have a Linksys USB Wireless G network adapter. WUSB54G Version 4. Not only does it connect from across the street it gets full speed on the internet. Right now I'm connected at 24mb/s which is plenty for the internet. And on a good day I can get the full 54mb/s.
My friend is very nice to share his internet with me :D

Wow, you're lucky with that USB adapter to get signal across the street. Most of the time, those things don't go much more than 10 feet... (basically if you ever have a choice, don't choose the USB one...)

Super_Nova

Yeah I'm very pleased with it. I have a longer cable on it than what came with it. It's the type that has an antenna and has a cable, it's not just a little nub that sticks out of the USB port. I'm picking up two other routers which I am locked out of, but can see them on the list.

helmie

I have a D-Link DSL-G604T, But i havent tried the wireless yet (PCMCIA card on its way)

When you say All wireless bits are compatable, what about the "G+" and "Max G" products from some manufactuers?

They claim that you get a boost in speed, so I bought a Matching PCMCIA card for the router (They both have "AirPlus Xtreme G+")