Would that Hard drive be able to do the job?

Scrapped>.<

hi
I am looking for a hard drive with huge space. but i am a little tite. so that is what i found. please tell me if that hard drive will do the job that i need it to do. thanks

I need a hard drive so i can save the animations and Movies and other things that i download on it.

my download speed can go up to 190KB/S will that hard drive be able to write the data to the disk at that download speed?

the thinks that it worrys me the most the its Seek time.

here is the hard drive.

Quantum 240 MB (LPS240AT) 240 GB Hard Drive

Key Features
Capacity ---- 240 GB

Type ----- Desktop Computer

Interface Type ----- IDE/EIDE

Enclosure ----- Internal

Drive Dimensions ------ 3.5"

Technical Features

Interface ----- IDE

Seek Time ----- 19 ms
Other Features
Package Qty. 1
Miscellaneous
MPN LPS240AT

Product ID 20942528

P.S I had never hard of that brand of hard drives befor. does anyone know about it.

will i be able to use it in my computer. (i don't have much informations about my computer but this is the model of my compuer)
SONY PCV - RX550

They are saleing this hard drive under 40$

Please give me some commons. is it wors it. will it crack my computer cause it to not work?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
my download speed can go up to 190KB/S will that hard drive be able to write the data to the disk at that download speed?
Every harddisk ever made should be able to support that speed, the slowest ive ever tracked is 150KB/s and that was circa-a-long-friggen-time-ago

the thinks that it worrys me the most the its Seek time.
If you're using it as a storage drive, seek time naturally isnt a concern

Quantum 240 MB (LPS240AT) 240 GB Hard Drive
240MB or 240GB? :) Just look for a 5400RPM, 2MB, massive drive and you should be fine :) Transfer speed and accesstimes arent a major consideration for archive type drives

P.S I had never hard of that brand of hard drives befor. does anyone know about it.
They make harddrives :)

Scrapped>.<

o will. Thanks for the help

I call the the store that sells it. and they told me it is 240MB.
they made a error which says 240GB.

guse i will just have to looking for another harddrive.

thanks everyone

This topic is closed.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I call the the store that sells it. and they told me it is 240MB.
they made a error which says 240GB.
Dont call them. It's SUPPOSED to be 250GB... you WANT it to be 240GB ... I was just checking to see if you made a typo or something

This topic is closed.
Says who?