Wts gtx260/hd5770

dug987654

Is the 5770 still available?

I've got a couple of questions:

What type is it? The xfx website has several. If it is a PCIe2.1 version will it still work on my PCIe2.0 mobo?

What are the power requirements? I can't seem to find a definitive answer in respect to amps. My Earthwatts 500W has two 12v rails each with 22A. Is this enough? With a Phenom II 945 and Asus M4A785-V mobo? If the card uses max 110W P=VI means its less than 10A for the card? How much does the rest of the system use? The PSU is not on the AMD supported PSU list, but only one or two under 500W are...

How does the warranty work? Does it transfer to me so that I can sort out any probs without having to go thru you?

Connections? VGA? Come with an adapter?

Cheers, Doug.

Aastii

VIP Member
Is the 5770 still available?

I've got a couple of questions:

What type is it? The xfx website has several. If it is a PCIe2.1 version will it still work on my PCIe2.0 mobo?

What are the power requirements? I can't seem to find a definitive answer in respect to amps. My Earthwatts 500W has two 12v rails each with 22A. Is this enough? With a Phenom II 945 and Asus M4A785-V mobo? If the card uses max 110W P=VI means its less than 10A for the card? How much does the rest of the system use? The PSU is not on the AMD supported PSU list, but only one or two under 500W are...

How does the warranty work? Does it transfer to me so that I can sort out any probs without having to go thru you?

Connections? VGA? Come with an adapter?

Cheers, Doug.

Yes it is available. To answer your questions:

Part number: HD-577A-ZNFC which is PCIe 2.1 which yes, will work on a 2.0 board, PCIe is backwards compatible, so if you so wished, you could put a 2.0 or a 2.1 card in a PCIe 1.0 slot and it would work no problems.

Your power supply is more than enough

And for the warranty, it is double lifetime which, to my knowledge, works by, if your card dies and you have to claim on the warranty, you give them the unique produce ID (Can't remember the exact name), you don't have to give proof of purchase or anything because it is lifetime warranty, and because it transfers to other owner(s)

For connections it has:

1 x HDMI
2 x DVI
1 x Display Port (only used for eyefinity)

dug987654

Thanks for the info. You still got the DVI -> VGA adapter?

Looked into the Double Lifetime warranty and its only for the US/Canada.

I'm gonna have a think about this, as I don't really need a graphics card at the mo as I'm always busy with uni work, just thinking about getting one if I see it at a decent price. I'll let you know in a couple of days if I can justify the money! Obviously if someone else wants it in that time sell it!

Doug.

Aastii

VIP Member
would you be interested in swap (plus cash) with GTS 250???

I was hoping more to get money to put towards a new card rather than a trade. I want to go for a single, better card than 2 separate ones where one isn't even working to it's full potential

CrayonMuncher

I've had my eye on this for a while since i can grab one and then another and sli, plus my tv looks best @ 1366*768 so it should handle eveything i throw at it, my hd4670 almost can :)

But i'm too skint and i cant find a job up in anglesey, if i can get together enough money and its still available, i'll get in touch, but for now i'll give you a free bump. :)