Wts gtx260/hd5770

Aastii

VIP Member
How does the 5770 & GTX260 stack up to a 9800GTX?

It beats it by quite a fair amount. A 9800GTX+ is the same card as a GTS250, just with a different name.

The 260 and the 5770 are, performance wise, as near as makes no difference, the 5770 uses less power than the 260, and as you can see, is much smaller. The 260 has physx and 3D though, and of course is only DX10, where as the 5770 is DX11

WeatherMan

Ah okay, do you think a 9800GTX for £20 is a good deal, and should it play games pretty well at 1024 x 768 lol

Aastii

VIP Member
Ah okay, do you think a 9800GTX for £20 is a good deal, and should it play games pretty well at 1024 x 768 lol

That is an awesome deal, it should handle pretty much any game at those resolutions without breaking a sweat, even if you were to crank up AA and AF with everything else on highest settings

Troncoso

VIP Member
That is an awesome deal, it should handle pretty much any game at those resolutions without breaking a sweat, even if you were to crank up AA and AF with everything else on highest settings

You are such a good samaritan, approving of the purchase of other video cards as opposed to your own.

Aastii

VIP Member
You are such a good samaritan, approving of the purchase of other video cards as opposed to your own.

I'm here to help, not profit ;)

I'm quite happy with my system now, but wouldn't say no to get some more performance, so why should another person's wallet suffer when I'm already very happy, and he will be too with the system he gets should he go for the 9800GTX

More relevant, there is potential interest in the 5770, but both are still available, just throw me a pm

ScOuT

VIP Member
I has always thought of it ironic...dozens of people are on the forum asking about new builds and great hardware for really good prices can just sit here and not sell.

Bump :D

funkysnair

VIP Member
put it back on sale m8 lol sorry....

i got £240 for both of my gtx460's so i have dropped some cash on a xfx 5870 and another crucial c300 for some raid0 sata 6Gb/s