X-Fi Extreme Audio

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Hey guys, I'm was searching for a moderately cheap soundcard and I found this,

http://www.directron.com/sb0792vp.html

X-fi Xtreme Audio for $40 on Directron. I know the Extreme Gamer is a lot better but this is already beyond my expectation, as I was originally planning to get the Audigy SE. What do you guys think of this card, and better this deal?

And also, if you had a choice, would you get the Xtreme Audio, Audigy SE or another card with $40.

And Finally, do you think the Xtreme Gamer/Xtreme Music (the discontinued one) is worth it? If it is absolutely worth it over the Xtreme Audio I will also consider getting that.

edit: oops, spelled Xtreme wrong in title.

Last edited:

kevlee89

the xtremeaudio doesn't have a true x-fi chip in it, whereas the xtremegamer and xtrememusic do.

i have heard of many people modding their xtrememusic to go beyond and achieve more. the xtremegamer however cannot be modded

if you could I would go with a sound card that does have an x-fi in it. after all, a sound card isn't something you upgrade often, like other computer components. it is really up to you, and you also have to take into consideration your speakers and headphones.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I think I'm going to go with the Xtreme Music. I found a used one for $75 shipped on amazon. Too bad they discontinued it :(.

Vizy

i've got a extreme audio x-fi.....don't really notice a diff betweeen onboard vs. soundcard...it does though...

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I just ordered the X-fi XtremeMusic for $80 refurbished (couldn't find a new one for less than $100). It's due to arrive Monday the 28th, can't wait!

Dazzeerr

Hmm, you must be on quite an expensive site.

I got mine brand new for £28 ($60)

It's a good little card imo, i love the bass feature, that card and my X-Fi gamer headphones is a blast.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Hmm, you must be on quite an expensive site.

I got mine brand new for £28 ($60)

It's a good little card imo, i love the bass feature, that card and my X-Fi gamer headphones is a blast.

The problem is that nobody sells them anymore. Currently it's all about $80 minimum, whether the Xtrememusic or Xtremegamer. Where did you find the Xtrememusic for $60?