X2 3200+

[-0MEGA-];432212 said:
LSK Otacon. I would really stop putting fade2green down, because if you remember, a few months ago you were the biggest noob out there. You didnt know a think about computers, and you also had no clue what kind of CPU was better then others.

And when was this? I was not a noob when i joined this forum. But i was a major noob at one time. Like when i bought an FX5200. And then when i paid $200 for 512mb of ram. But those days are way over man. I knew alot when i joined this forum. What makes you think i didnt?

Geoff

VIP Member
And when was this? I was not a noob when i joined this forum. But i was a major noob at one time. Like when i bought an FX5200. And then when i paid $200 for 512mb of ram. But those days are way over man. I knew alot when i joined this forum. What makes you think i didnt?

Your not as much of one now, but the things you said a few months ago deffinetly were.

Lets just put it this way... I have my ways of seeing what you said back then. :)

fade2green514

yea, maybe u were overclocking the pci slots and the agp slot too. i mean really, who cares as long as its stable right? lol

I almost for a second thought that an AMD 64 Sempron 3000+ was better then my P4 based on the fsb,cache, and all that. But having used one on my gfs computer, i was very wrong. And her computer isnt cluttered that bad that it would make it that slow. There was hardly any programs running in the background other then your essentials(drivers and such). But in any case, it was like 10 times slower then my P4 lol. I always knew that Semprons were the lowest end of the Athlons, but i never expected that.

Also can you show me an instance where i said something completely noobish? Cuz i have no memory of saying such things.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Omega you have 768mb of ram? So your running in single channel with with 3 256s or a 512 and a 256 or what? Also, its not a good idea to OC your PCI/AGP slots. Thats a fast way to damage the cards and mobo.

Yes I'm in single channel mode. I have 1x 512MB and 1x 256MB. Socket 754 doesnt support dual-channel, so theres no real reason for me to ditch the 256MB stick.

Almost any motherboard before 939 and LGA775 didnt have an PCI or AGP locks. It's not going to damage the card, and especially not the motherboard, anytime soon. There designed to be run at different frequencies.

Also can you show me an instance where i said something completely noobish? Cuz i have no memory of saying such things.
Do you want me to say something computer related, or can anything count? :)

Computer related.

Oh and, sorry, i didnt relize it was a 754 socket. I dont know much about older AMD systems prior to mine lol. I was an intel man before. I just read up on the 754 sockets. Time to upgrade yet?

Geoff

VIP Member
Computer related.

Oh and, sorry, i didnt relize it was a 754 socket. I dont know much about older AMD systems prior to mine lol. I was an intel man before. I just read up on the 754 sockets. Time to upgrade yet?

I upgraded from a P4 2.2 :)

I know its not good for the cards if i raise the PCI/AGP frequencies higher, but given the fact that I only keep my parts for a few months, and not several years, doesnt make much difference to me.

And about you saying something noobish, here are a few things you've said on the forum:

i know that on my hdds there is a jumper setting that only lets you use 30 gigs of its 75. Check your jumpers
There is no jumper to allow only a certain amount of storage capacity to be used.
500mhz IS DDR500 cuz i know cuz i have DDR500 ram. And also, there is no such thing as DDR1000, the highest DDR goes is DDR600
DDR400 runs at 200Mhz, and DDR500 runs at 250Mhz.

My memory is running a bit under DDR400, and this is what CPU-Z shows:
cpuz.jpg

Ok, you got me on the second one. But i am for certain on my old IBM PATA hdds, there was a jumper that allowed for only 32gigs to be used. There is a diagram on the hdd that says it.

Yea, i guess it wouldnt matter if you only had your computer for a few months. But spending alot of money on a computer youd want it to last as long as it can.

Last edited: