X2 3200+

Geoff

VIP Member
Ok, just to clarify everything here. Lets use an Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 as an example.

The FSB of this CPU, is 266.
The Bus speed of this CPU, is 1066.
The Clock speed of this CPU, is ~1860.

Last edited:
Ok, this is directly from Intels site, and i wouldnt call Intel liars. Im pretty sure they know more about computers then all of us. Here you go, this will clear everything up for all of you. But mostly for the ones that dont already know.

http://www.intel.com/design/Pentium4/prodbref/

If you actually READ the entire thing, you will relize that your wrong, using my old P4 for an example:

Front side bus: 133mhz
Bus speed(fsb*4): 533mhz
Core speed(fsb*20): 2.66ghz.

Correcting the other one posted:

Front side bus: 266mhz
Bus speed(266*4): 1064mhz(1066mhz)
Core speed(266*7): 1.862ghz

The front side bus is multiplied 4 times to get the bus speed becuz intel has it quad pumped, unlike AMDs better HT which is only dual pumped. Well actually, the HT is multiplied before its "pumped". So yea.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Sorry, I had it mixed up.

The FSB for the E6300 would be 266Mhz, and the Bus speed would be 1066Mhz.

[-0MEGA-];431430 said:
Sorry, I had it mixed up.

The FSB for the E6300 would be 266Mhz, and the Bus speed would be 1066Mhz.

And im sorry for correcting you like that. This has just become a hot thread. Should be closed, but obviously no admin really cares right now lol.

I bet all the admins are watchin this thread, laughing their asses off. I know i would be if i was an admin. Or even if i wasnt an admin, pretty good thread lol.

Damn, that sucks. But if its only one pin, should be sorta easy to bend back into place. But damn, when you get about 100 bent out of shape, then your just f-ed lol.

LOL. Damn, thats alot. When i was messin with my old Socket 7 Intel Pentium, i had bent the pins all the time on it, and it still ran solid, but i always bent them back. Till one day i had bout half of them all f-ed up and i started trying to bend them back, but everytime i got one right, i bent another one in the process lol. : ( . So i just said f it and chopped all the pins off and made a keychain out of it.

fade2green514

Ya...uh...fade is stupid because Ku-Sama just proved him wrong with the actual product in his possesion.
3. Rude, offensive or threatening comments as well as posting of adult material will not be tolerated.
http://www.computerforum.com/motherboards/announcements.html
read it.
i dont understand why they allow people to make fun of me for stupid shit that i had clear cites to back me up for... and the argument was about what you call a frequency... or what effects how fast your memory is.
im clearly not a stupid person, otherwise i wouldve never gotten my processor to 2.6ghz, and i also wouldn't have gotten a 3.6GPA as an average for high school altogether. id actually call that pretty smart.

yea, so im stupid just because i didn't remove my own IHS?
that makes no sense... thats a dangerous thing to do it, why would i do it.
i think i dont really care what the names are, because clearly one place calls it one thing, and another place calls it another thing. they should just have a standard for what they call it because clearly intel's site disagree's with itself... the link you posted disagrees with the link i posted.
either way, we both know what were talking about (at this point) and it doesnt matter what we call it because praetor would call it one thing in oc101, and intel would call it a different thing on their site.. but we all understand what speed and what frequency they speak of.

Last edited:
Ok, for one, a 5yo could overclock a computer, its not hard at all. My cpu goes to 260mhz fsb on stock cooling, thats using a thermal pad and not compound, and i didnt have to change anything but the fsb. So what skill does that require? Entering the bios? I could pry reach 2.75ghz as some have with this cpu, or even a little more if i had a better cooling system on it, but i didnt buy this CPU to run it OCed all the time like some ppl do, i bought it becuz its good enough at stock speeds that there is no need for me to OC it. Yea, i OCed it a few times, but that was just to see what it could do.

Yes, it does matter what you call it. If you like being wrong then call it what you want. But there is a difference between all of the frequencies, thats why they are named different.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
in case you didnt know (which seems apparent), neither AMD nor Intel do the approach as you suggest:

Dont keep up with Intel, But AMD does do that, ((few and I say very few are!!!)) On the X2 if one core is unstable and one is not, they disable it and release it as a single core with a different stock number, same with the L2, if one has a 1mb L2 and is not stable they will release it as a 512 L2 model. Think about it, thats cheaper than throwing it in the trash can. But to say there all dual cores with stuff disabled is stupid!!

Last edited:
Yes, that is correct, but not EVERY AMD 64 is made dual core as he suggest. Its more about a 1/100000 ratio are actually dual core.

And about all the frequencies, CPU-z has it covered:

Do you see a problem with your logic yet?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Its the same with the sempron, there just crap Athlons. If the 64bit is unstable they disable it and call it a plain Sempron, if the athlons L2 is unstable they disable half of it and call it a sempron with 256 L2, if its really a crap processor they disable 3 fourths of it and call it a sempron with 128 L2. Dont tell me you really think they trash can those processors!!

fade2green514

no, i definitely said that some of them have the core disabled, and i was right. read through the thread.
Fade,you spelled sites wrong.
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=cite
a cite would be considered a reference. "site" would've worked too, as you suggested.
so picky sheesh lol
any flaw you think i make is just attacked jeeze..
note you didn't mention anything about my high GPA haha.
overclock it to 2.75ghz. its harder to do than you think. plus, my proc was a bad egg.. i didn't get as lucky as most people did with this proc.
if i wanted it to run very hot i could overvolt it to 1.65V and probably get the thing to 2.7 or 2.8ghz... and it would only really run hot because my cpu's IHS is crap... it runs hot even on default clocks... and ive got everything sanded down to a mirrored finish. (about 2500grit)

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
LSK Otacon. I would really stop putting fade2green down, because if you remember, a few months ago you were the biggest noob out there. You didnt know a think about computers, and you also had no clue what kind of CPU was better then others.